No announcement yet.

progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have purchased a set of weld racing polished aluminum t53 wheels in 17". Haven't decided what tire to run yet. I have the original wheels but I don't think they would look good with the color of this truck. What do you guys think?

Comment

Need some help here. Please take note of the gap on the back of the fender. I have spent countless hours moving things trying to fix this. The doors fit and operate excellent. Driver side fits almost perfect.What should the thickness of the cab mounts be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Attached Files

Comment

I've encountered this problem on almost all the PG trucks I've worked on. With the 3 points the cab and front clip contact, the rear cab mounts, the front cab mounts and the core support I've found the front cab mounts are bent down over time. If you have the rear cab mount insulators in place and the core support bolted down jack up the front of the cab to close the gap. Use the rubber insulator on top of the cab mount and shim as needed to close the gap in the fender to door gap. This is how I close up that gap. The doors were never a perfect fit in the opening so it takes a lot of trial and error to get them to fit. Hope this helps.

Comment

All,
          I am a little confused on how all of the heater hoses connect. There is many different ports on the manifold and the water pump. Can one of you fellow power giant owners post a picture of how they all connect.
          Thanks

Comment

Pics

I've attached two pictures that I hope will help you.

The first picture shows the heater hose coming back from the heater core to the intake manifold.

Also notice the small bypass hose that connects the water pump to the intake.

Picture 2 shows both heater hoses, the hose leaving the water pump and going to the heater core (this is the upper hose with the flow control valve).

Curt
            Attached Files

Comment

Alright guys I want honest opinions of how this looks. I know it still needs some polishing and fitting but i am on the fence about it.
              Attached Files

Comment

One more
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for everyone's help on everything it is greatly appreciated.

Comment

It looks great, but....

I did something similar but got real tired of the reflection and lack of contrast with the gauges. Finally covered it with black naugahyde (vinyl leather-like material), it looked great and solved the reflection issue.
                    I had a '66 TW, still want it back.
                    DrPepper

Comment

I'd have to agree with the good doctor. I could see how the reflective surface could become annoying. I like the idea of black vinyl or better yet leather. I assume it was a painted surface from the factory, which I am also partial to.

On an other note the truck is looking great! I'm a great fan of the Power Giants. One of the best models, aesthetically speaking, Dodge has ever made.

Comment

actually I did engine turned polished aluminum...

you know, all the little 1/2" circles lined up across the face.
                        Didn't use real leather because I glued it on with 3M spray adhesive and because no Naugas were hurt in the process. LOL
                        http://www.naugahyde.com/history.html

;-) DrPepper

Comment

"actually I did engine turned polished aluminum..."
                          Funny that you mention that. It had come to mind. I've seen that process on stainless also. It looks nice for some applications but I tend to lean toward something that is more rugged looking for the interior of a truck.

Comment

Very nice looking project you have. Any new pictures?

Comment

A little more progress

Comment

Love that blue color, it really pops!

Comment

Working...
                                X