No announcement yet.

The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just how big of an axle and tires will fit a WC?

Slightly off topic for the Carryall thread. I think these tires are a tad TOO big.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Works for me!

Greg Coffin
      Unrepentant Dodge Enthusiast

1951 Dodge M37 - Bone Stock
      1958 Dodge M37 - Ex-Forest Service Brush Truck
      1962 M37-B1 - Work in Progress
      1962 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon - Factory 251, 4.89s
      1944/1957 Dodge WM500T 6x6 Power Wagon - LA318-3, NP435, 5.83s, Power Steering, Undercab Power Brakes
      1974 Dodge W200 - 360/727, Factory Sno-Fighter Package

Comment

• My bench seat frames are slowly coming together. Off to Upholstery this weekend.

1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

Comment

• Nice job on the seats Alex. I'm really impressed by the quality of your work.
          Greg Coffin
          Unrepentant Dodge Enthusiast

1951 Dodge M37 - Bone Stock
          1958 Dodge M37 - Ex-Forest Service Brush Truck
          1962 M37-B1 - Work in Progress
          1962 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon - Factory 251, 4.89s
          1944/1957 Dodge WM500T 6x6 Power Wagon - LA318-3, NP435, 5.83s, Power Steering, Undercab Power Brakes
          1974 Dodge W200 - 360/727, Factory Sno-Fighter Package

Comment

• WC53 lower hinges on ebay

$_12-3.JPG

First set I have ever seen for sale. One bid at $300.00. Now I know why that beat up lower tailgate with all the hardware, I mean everything, sold for $320 about four years ago.
            Alex that seat looks great. Going to be interesting how your knees fit under the steering wheel and how comfortable you feel. I am finding the bottom of the back needs to be aft of the door jam for me to feel comfortable. I have to get all the floor stuff squared away before I attach the seat base to the floor.
            I am toasted, roasted,burnt out, fried, tired, lost interest, lost enthusiasm and just plain fed up with wrenching on my Carryall. Yes I am still working on it, but I am far from efficient.

To do list before placing the seat.
            Install air tank.
            Wrap exhaust pipe.
            Run breather hose
            Adjust and attach shifter for transfer case #1
            check bolts
            move emergency brake and make new mounting hardware.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
              [ATTACH]10008[/ATTACH]

First set I have ever seen for sale. One bid at $300.00. Now I know why that beat up lower tailgate with all the hardware, I mean everything, sold for $320 about four years ago.
              Alex that seat looks great. Going to be interesting how your knees fit under the steering wheel and how comfortable you feel. I am finding the bottom of the back needs to be aft of the door jam for me to feel comfortable. I have to get all the floor stuff squared away before I attach the seat base to the floor.
              I am toasted, roasted,burnt out, fried, tired, lost interest, lost enthusiasm and just plain fed up with wrenching on my Carryall. Yes I am still working on it, but I am far from efficient.

To do list before placing the seat.
              Install air tank.
              Wrap exhaust pipe.
              Run breather hose
              Adjust and attach shifter for transfer case #1
              check bolts
              move emergency brake and make new mounting hardware.
              Thanks for the compliments on the seat Bruce! I am not a big sized guy at all and since my Floorboard and firewall are being built after I get my seats in, I can play the ergonomics game with my seat and control. I can adjust my mounts as needed to get everything in place. I want to see where my seat cushion height puts my rear end and I can go from there with the wheel and pedals.

Speaking of fitting it all in..

It was hang out in my garage and drink beer day today since it POURED rain all day (no beer for me though for medical reasons). Two friends who hadn't ever screwed with sheet metal helped out; their disdain is now as great as mine. Lots of CAD work... Cardboard Aided Drafting. Template Template Template...

Almost done with this **** transmission cover.

Comment

• Tunnel looks great... I still say you should have just used a Wheelbarrow though

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Olson View Post
                  Tunnel looks great... I still say you should have just used a Wheelbarrow though
                  ^Can't tell if serious or facetious...

Finishing this thing up. I need build a dipstick tube and get my shifter linkage figured out before welding it all together.

Also made an access cover for the speed sensor on the Allison; its about the only sensor I couldn't get my hands on without having to drop the engine and trans. Unfortunately this truck is built like many new ones. The trans aint coming out unless its bolted to the engine. The cover plate ended up drilled a little out of symmetry so therefore the "Top" stamp mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alxj64 View Post
                    ^Can't tell if serious or facetious...
                    Totally Facetious..... It's just whenever I see a gigantic transmission tunnel it reminds me of an upside down wheelbarrow.... i hope there was no offense taken.. you are obviously putting a lot of thought into getting the floor to fit the drivetrain

Comment

Totally Facetious..... It's just whenever I see a gigantic transmission tunnel it reminds me of an upside down wheelbarrow.... i hope there was no offense taken.. you are obviously putting a lot of thought into getting the floor to fit the drivetrain
                      Should totally try that one day though, imagine telling that story after they compliment your amazing metal working skill!

Comment

Originally posted by Desoto61 View Post
                        Should totally try that one day though, imagine telling that story after they compliment your amazing metal working skill!
                        A half dozen folks suggested the wheel barrow to get the "curves" back into the firewall. I am just going to seam a few things and roll a few 2" radius bends where I can and then bead it all up real good.

I didn't think you were being serious; and my apologies for bringing up the concern. You know that whole lack of voice tone via internet and such. Thanks for the compliments and yes, too much work to be exact. As much easier as the wheelbarrow would have been, I just wouldn't be able to sleep knowing what was "hidden" under the carpet. I want to be proud of this truck and every crooked seam and wandering beaded panel. ha ha.

Comment

• Look What The Carryall Brought Home

Great job Bruce and Alex. I'm amazed at your fabricating skills and what you guys are building. I know it's not a Powerwagon but I got a good deal on a Ford Model A Sedan and couldn't pass it up. Of course to bring it home I had to use the Carryall and the looks and waves I got was priceless.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Very COOL!

Comment

• The Dodge looks awesome Gary! Good luck with the "new" project.

Comment

• Speaking of transmission covers

Mine almost, sort of, fits. Took way too long to build, but it was nice to pull it off the wall , twist it in a certain way and find out it still fits. A lot of sheet metal either shrinks , warps or expands when it is not installed on the vehicle. I think Alex and I are having a contest on how many pieces does it take to build a cover.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X