No announcement yet.

FFPW wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is more expensive that I had hoped but I would like to see your video before I say yes or no.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
      That is more expensive that I had hoped but I would like to see your video before I say yes or no.
      A lot of custom built components involved with the set up, takes much time to build and put together.

Comment

Electric wiper system

I'm about finished with a prototype electric wiper system for the Open Fender Power Wagons. I've got the motor modifications figured out, and I'm working out the installation details. These are good quality wiper motors with plenty of power to clear ice and snow from the windshield. Kits will be available with motors, wiper arms and blades.

The installation is a bit tricky, but nothing out of the ordinary. The motors are available in 12v and 24v. The 24v motors are much cheaper to purchase, but require using a 12v to 24v power converter, which is about $20.00. The 12v motors can be run in a 6v truck using a 6v to 12v power converter, which is about $60.00. Each motor pulls about 12 watts under moderate load.

I'll post details once I find wiper arms that I'm happy with.
        Attached Files
        Greg Coffin
        Unrepentant Dodge Enthusiast

1951 Dodge M37 - Bone Stock
        1958 Dodge M37 - Ex-Forest Service Brush Truck
        1962 M37-B1 - Work in Progress
        1962 Dodge WM300 Power Wagon - Factory 251, 4.89s
        1944/1957 Dodge WM500T 6x6 Power Wagon - LA318-3, NP435, 5.83s, Power Steering, Undercab Power Brakes
        1974 Dodge W200 - 360/727, Factory Sno-Fighter Package

Comment

Working...
        X