Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new power wagon owner - cant shift smoothly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new power wagon owner - cant shift smoothly!

Hi,

I just bought a 1955 m152 canadian power wagon. took it down the street and i can shift 1-2 fine. 3 just grinds unless i go to 4 then back to 3. I tried no clutch (syncro) but that didnt work, tried to double clutch and that didnt work.

The clutch feels like its right at the floor of the pedal. maybe it needs more clutch fluid im hoping unless there is a trick to shifting the 3rd and 4th gears. i read somewhere they might be syncho shift and maybe my synchro is worn out. it only has 20,000 miles on the rig.

also what motor do these things have in it? is it a dodge engine or Hercules?

If everything is original; it has a 251 Dodge engine and a Warner T-98 transmission.

One thing for sure, it doesn't need clutch fluid. The operating linkage is mechanical, not hydraulic.

Sounds like there may be some transmission issues going on, I imagine some internal problems.

We offer complete rebuild service for any component on the truck if you need help with it, you can contact us via the website below or send a private message via this forum. Happy to discuss possible issues with you.

Comment

Working...
    X