Power Wagon Advertiser Forums Vintage Powerwagons Power Wagon Advertiser Magazine

Go Back   Power Wagon Advertiser Forums > MILITARY & CIVILIAN DODGE TRUCK RELATED FORUMS > Diesel powered trucks, engines, & conversions

Notices

Diesel powered trucks, engines, & conversions All matters diesel; original and conversion, operation & repair

Old 02-14-2017, 09:31 AM   #46
Matthew Welcher PWA
Administrator

It looks close, really close. Keep pushing through and looking forward to the first long cruise!
Matthew Welcher PWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #47
Alxj64
Registered

Tinkered with it some more. As ya'll know, I am going with the CANbus wiring system. Well there is a rear chassis relay module that needs to be hidden.

So here is my resulting execution... well thus far.

So this...

Will be replaced with this...

The box isn't finished yet (needs rivets of course) and some corner guards are on order from Restoration Hardware.
Alxj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:58 PM   #48
Matthew Welcher PWA
Administrator

I have to say that is one of the neatest things i have ever seen. Wow thanks for doing what you do and keep up the fantastic hard work!
Matthew Welcher PWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:04 AM   #49
gyman98
Premium Forum User

Very nice! That's beautiful, keep up the great work!
1967 Dodge W200 440 magnum 4speed
1950 cummins power wagon
gyman98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:51 AM   #50
Alxj64
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
I have to say that is one of the neatest things i have ever seen. Wow thanks for doing what you do and keep up the fantastic hard work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyman98 View Post
Very nice! That's beautiful, keep up the great work!
Thanks guys!

So finally got some time to work on this truck again. Creeping along. 50 minutes of planning for every 10 minutes of work.

Yes, that is a flip cap Dust resistant USB port on the back of the box. It was the most retro modern way I could think of to hide a USB port in the box cover so that something could be charged in the back seat and also can be used to adjust different features in the CANbus system. The box cover opens but all of the wiring will be covering that access panel so this is just as easy. The corner guards are just little Jewelry box corners from Restoration Hardware. So yea, Restoration Hardware, Bed, Bath, and Beyond.. now all I need is some Yankee Candle and maybe William Sonoma and this truck will be the true definition of a "Mall Crawler".

Old 04-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #51
Alxj64
Registered

So my Cummins ECM doesn't have the fan temp control system, even though the build sheet says it does... weird. So, that means I am installing a stand alone controller. Went with the Dakota Digital that I can program my on/off points using the temp gauge sender as a source. Pretty slick little unit; however it has zero weather resistance and I didn't want to stand on my head to make the adjustments so I went ahead and bent up a glove box and installed the control unit there.