No announcement yet.

1949 Power Wagon resto mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should probably update this thread, pulled in a burnt 98 dodge cummins to pull the transmission out. Got the 42 dodge in to take it apart, almost have the cab ready to come off the frame

Comment

Comment

Comment

[URL=http://s222.photobucket.com/user/gyman98/media/1950%20Power%20Wagon/FBFE0AFB-E4B6-4677-AB99-CE43BC8BA1A9.jpg.html][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd303/gyman98/1950%20Power%20Wagon/FBFE0AFB-E4B6-4677-AB99-CE43BC8BA1A9.j

Comment

Comment

Nice getting the kids involved. My daughters have only a passing interest, but they can do the basics and they don't get confused by mechanics..

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                Nice getting the kids involved. My daughters have only a passing interest, but they can do the basics and they don't get confused by mechanics..
                Ya they love being in the shop, lately I've been breaking all the bolts loose and they take them out

We got the fire wall and cab stripped out, rad out then got the cab lifted off before we had to take off for a Christmas party

Comment

I would love to hear that run, It looks as if you have plenty of shop help.

Beauty of a truck!!
                  1967 W200.aka.Hank
                  1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                  2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowanogre View Post
                    I would love to hear that run, It looks as if you have plenty of shop help.

Beauty of a truck!!
                    Once I get it running I'll take a video and post it up here. Yes lots of help, my little boy was over the moon excited when the cab came off and thank you!

Comment

Do I need these inner fender splash shields? Could make a couple simple braces and a bracket for the hood bumper?

Comment

Set the cab beside the other one so I can use it for layout. Made a list of items that can be tightened up and changed with the new cab. My helpers and I pulled the timing cover, they liked doing the cardboard "art work". KDP wasn't done so I'll tab that and loctite all the case bolts too.

Comment

Haven't had as much time as I planned for working on this on my days off. Had a 06 common rail in the shop to do a injector swap which turned into a longer process them I planned and which required the lift so the chassis was kicked outside for a while. Did manage to get the KDP tabbed, timing cover back on and engine and trans pulled.

Comment

When I pulled the power wagon cab off the frame it had about 2" rubbers spacers, the 42 cab had rotten wood. I'm guessing the wood was factory? How thick of wood spacers are they supposed to be?

Comment

wood mounting kits

I don't have specs on the wood spacers, my truck takes the later rubber cab mount kit. VPW does sell the early cab wood mounting kits for about $60 which includes insulators, bolts and washers.
                              There is also a set on E-bay without hardware.
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/1946-1947-19...ZXO0LL&vxp=mtr
                              Tim Ellis

1953 B4 PW
                              2013 Dodge 2500 Diesel

Clean fingernails, free weekends, intact knuckles and financial stability are totally overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by 53Crusher View Post
                                I don't have specs on the wood spacers, my truck takes the later rubber cab mount kit. VPW does sell the early cab wood mounting kits for about $60 which includes insulators, bolts and washers.
                                There is also a set on E-bay without hardware.
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/1946-1947-19...ZXO0LL&vxp=mtr
                                Thank you for the reply, I sent him a message asking how high the blocks are.

I'm hoping to use something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201757057338

Comment

Working...
                                X