Power Wagon Advertiser Forums Midwest Military Dodge Power Wagon Gear Vintage Powerwagons

Go Back   Power Wagon Advertiser Forums > MILITARY & CIVILIAN DODGE TRUCK RELATED FORUMS > How I Got Started & Why I Like Dodges

Notices

How I Got Started & Why I Like Dodges Tell us how you got interested in old Dodges and why you like them,
or some sort of explanation for your disease...

Old 05-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Andrew McConathy
Registered

Blast From The Past

I had been looking at cars and trucks from the 80's 90's and early 2000's and was just sick with plastic and "designed obsolesced". So, I went to the west coast automotive archive and looked at what this fine country once built. I fell in love, like many of you, with the heavy built dodge and hit the road running.

I bought my first car in 2003, a 1946 dodge fluid drive with suicide doors, stock factory car. I used it as a daily driver for 4 years without having to put a wrench to it. I then found my way into a 1998 Dakota Magnum 5.2L and felt like I was in the wrong rig. Power steering, power brakes, power locks, power windows, plastic door panels, just not my kind of truck. but I couldn't go back to the 46 because I decided to do a frame up restoration, and I just felt at home in a tuck. So, I searched Craig's list and the news paper for a few years for a POWER WAGON( it deserves to be in all caps), the older the better.

A 1951 M37 came up in Boring OR, cash or trade. I thought that I could kill two birds with one shot by offering the Dakota as trade, and the rest is history.

I once parked next to a brand new Corvette and herd a lady say to her kid "look at the Corvette " kid yelled "wow cool truck". Just one reasons why we love old iron. Hope to add a add a B or C model to the herd some day, but the old war horse is here for good.
Andrew McConathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
Josh
Registered

Good story Andrew. It would be great to have a Power Wagon as a daily driver. I envy you. Are you in BC, or WASH???

Munsk.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
Andrew McConathy
Registered

Vancouver WA, Not a daily driver anymore, but a good rig.
Andrew McConathy is offline   Reply With Quote