Correct rpm in a dodge 360 whit carb holley 2210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct rpm in a dodge 360 whit carb holley 2210

Good day I would ask your help to know how to ride a motor RPM dodge 2210 Holley 360 carburetor, as in P (parking) I got to 900 RPM and D (drive) at 650 RPM, the problem is that strip black smoke in the morning, as hot strip eh no thought of changing the choke.
    agradesco help.

Lost in Translation

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but it sounds like the engine is running too rich causing a black smokey exhaust. I've never worked with the 2210 but I have attached a breakdown from carburetorfactory.com.

Potential causes are...

Choke stuck on.

Dirt stuck in needle and seat(item 32) allowing excessive fuel into the engine.

Idle enrichment valve. This looks like a power valve in the performance Holley carburetors. If they go bad it will dump excessive fuel in. Check the vacuum line going to this. If its cracked or brittle replace it.

It may be best to get a repair kit and go through the whole carburetor. Good luck.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help friend carried out, cleaning and changing pack, but tell me the RPM is correct?

Comment

The rpms seem ok. If it has a tendency to stall out you may want to turn your idle speed up. If you give me the year and model of truck I can look to see if I have a factory specification sheet with the rpm on it.

Comment

The truck is a dodge power ram 1987 automatic transmission, but the engine is a 1993 dodge 360 5.9 lts, the intake is a 1972 dodge adventure, this no have a egr system.

Comment

Working...
          X