Torqueflite ie push button or more correctly Loadflite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torqueflite ie push button or more correctly Loadflite

Some years ago on ebay there was a 58 power Giant Power Wagon, 2tone light green & white beige on auction w/ Loadflite. I think someone one on this forum won it. Whatever happened to it? What an exciting pickup. Are than any pushbutton Power giants here? Thank you

If it's the same one and I believe it is, a friend of mine bought it and I restored it a few years ago. It has a 315 with the Loadflite transmission painted in Valley Green and Sahara Beige. It came from Montana/North Dakota where it served on a ranch so we call it Ranch Hand. We added the stainless trim a year ago. It has the optional bumper guards and body color bumper. We are planning on installing a roof mount radio this year. This truck drives very nice with the automatic . It's now in Indiana.
    Attached Files

Comment

That is a Nice PG.
      And Ron done a great job on it.

A few weeks ago an old friend of mine was asking me what was the color
      Combo my dad used to paint his wreckers.
      I told him "Mexico Red" and some Beige?
      Couldn't remember exact name.
      Well thanks Ron that was it Mexico Red and Sahara Beige!

See Ya Soon,
      TGP
      Attached Files
      WDX & Misc. Pics.
      http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
      "47" Dodge WDX WW
      "52" Dodge M-37 WW
      "54" Willys M38A1
      "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
      "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
      "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
      "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
      "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
      "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

A BIG THANK YOU, I'm so glad it got the resto it deserved! All The chrome, & hood ornament & a single lighter
        Last edited by horace; 05-11-2016, 04:33 PM. Reason: add

Comment

It really is a great truck. The best part being it was a western truck so it came apart with only breaking off two bolts. The bodywork wasn't bad considering the years it served as a ranch truck. Jerry Johnson is the owner a good friend of mine. This is a scarce truck being a custom cab with the automatic AND four wheel drive. The biggest thing is getting used to not having to push on the clutch pedal. LOL
          Attached Files

Comment

I was always under the impression that 4x4's didn't get an automatic until 1970, at least that's what I've read.

Nice trucks.

Bucky

Comment

All I know is this is an original power train with the automatic listed on the data tag. I've got a 57 D300 with a Loadflite too.

Comment

The D300 with an auto is rare enough. A Power Giant with an auto must be holy grail, unless Dodge just dropped the auto from W series in the 61-69 era.

Bucky

Comment

Loadflite

I am curious about the Loadflite transmission. I had a 58 New Yorker with a 392 hemi and torqueflite transmission. The torqueflite was a 3 speed auto with no Park option. The neutral button was the starter button. I currently own a couple of smaller dodge hemis with Powerflite transmissions. These are two speed and preceded the torqueflite. Is the Loadflite a truck version of the torqueflite? I confess to not knowing anything about these transmissions.
                  David

Comment

The Dodge truck auto was called "Loadflite" even though in many (if not most/all) cases it was identical to the Torqueflite of the same year.

The transmissions you describe (3 speed Torqueflite w/o Park), were the pre-62 versions that were cast iron cased & heavy.

Bucky

Comment

Loadflite

Bucky,
                      Thanks for the answer.
                      David

Comment

The Loadflite was definitely available in 57& 58 & in 4x4. I think a pushbutton Power Giant is the ultimate. I looked the 2 tone up in my 58 brochure, I thought 2 tone was down to the crease but no, not until the 59 Sweptside & of course the Sweptwing.

Comment

a little more tranny info

all American automatics up through 1964 have rear pumps which means you can compression start them in a pinch. you have to get rolling over 20 or so for it to work but it does. I have done it. in 59 or so ford autos were so bad they paid Chrysler 9 million to borrow some technology from the torqueflite design. I have found it easier to just buy a dodge in the first place. ;/)

Comment

Working...
                          X