W300 Dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W300 Dashboard

I have a 66 W300 318 poly. How hard is it to remove the dashboard so I can rebuild/renew it? The truck was a former fire company pumper and the dash is full of holes that held fire related gauges, plus many screw holes for things that were attached to the dash. Also, has anyone replaced their seat in this year truck? What late model dodge seat with center console will fit?

You can make virtually any seats fit. I put 96 dodge seats into mine

Comment

Seats

Thank you for the info. Those seats look good in the cab and they were exactly what I was thinking about. I like the fact that there is a seat in the middle plus storage over and under.

Comment

The dashboard isn't too difficult at all. a few sheet metal screws along the top
        and ends, a couple bolts at the steering column and a center brace. Apart from
        that, just a matter of removing switches, heater/vent cables and the instrument
        cluster..... That's basically it.
        John

Comment

Dashboard

Hob, thanks for the reply. I will definitely tackle the job. The Fire dept that had the truck really must have had a lot of stuff screwed to the dash, plus numerous gauges in the dash. This will be the final fix to get it back to what it was when it left the factory.

Comment

Any update? Are you done rebuilding it?

Comment

Working...
            X