No announcement yet.

52' B3 2nd series bed strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think all he has to do is cut the 1.625 off his bed wood.

Frank

Comment

You're right Frank. After looking at it, and looking again, and then again, I cut off 1 1/2". Refit everything together and the wood was just a touch long, so I planed off approx 1/8". Now there is 1/16" gap front and back for expansion. I then cut the strips to length and will finish polish the ends when I get some free time; cut off wheel did little damage (used tape on strips for protection). I dont have a pic but it looks really good. Nervous as **** cutting through the wood though.

Thanks for all the help. I learned quite a bit about early second series beds. I'm also going to cut the sending unit access also. I believe 52 or 53 was the last year they did that from the factory, so I'll add it back.

Comment

I am diving back into the Early second series bed designs here, and am I correct that the 51-52 rear bed crossmember is possibly 2 different designs?
        And in reference to the second series reproduction bed sides made by Matt Tisdale are actually not specifically for 51 and 52?
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Welcher PWA View Post
          I am diving back into the Early second series bed designs here, and am I correct that the 51-52 rear bed crossmember is possibly 2 different designs?
          And in reference to the second series reproduction bed sides made by Matt Tisdale are actually not specifically for 51 and 52?
          Yes, two different designs of the rear crossmember between early and late second series beds. I have not seen Matt's second series bed sides so I do not know if they are a reproduction of the early or late version.

Junior

Comment

Working...
          X