Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 17.5", 6 bolt, 7.25" pattern budd style wheels

Hi All,
    I am looking for 4 or 5 of these rims. Does anyone have them for sale? I am located in Lancaster, Pa. If I can't find any, I guess I would be ok with 2 of the 16" Lock ring style, although I would prefer the 17".
    thanks!
    Patrick

Also, being a Noobie, I need some help. I have a 1960 Dodge 1 ton truck, although I can't figure out what model? The serial # IS L6d3L25989
    Would it be a D300, or a Power Giant?

That VIN comes back as a 1958 D300 with 126" wheelbase & 230ci flathead 6.

Go here & enter your VIN in the decoder:

http://www.townwagon.com/powergiantregistry/index.php

Bucky

Comment

Wow, how could the title be that far off? So would it still be considered a Power Giant?

Comment

57-60 are considered Power Giants, at least the 4wd ones are but I think 2wd's too.

Take a gander at that power giant registry & see which models resemble yours the most. Grills & other things changed yearly from 58-60.

You may have better luck finding those wheels on some of the other PW sites.

Bucky

Comment

I also encourage you to register your truck there on the registry.

Bucky

Comment

Sold my 3 stock wheels...but

Patrick,
            If your axles and brakes are in good shape and you just need wheels this may be an answer. I still have five aftermarket wheels. The guy that bought the axles had good wheels.
            Also, the OEM is 17.5"X6" rim not 17", so 17" tires will not fit on the OEM 17.5" rim. Do some tire shopping.
            I couldn't find OEM wheels either, my rear brake drum was trash and couldn't find one of those or the axle assembly. The city got after me about having it on my driveway and I had (5) 16"X8" wheels with the 6 on 7.25" circle made by Diamond Wheels in Milwaukee, WI. Then I could roll it and drive it until I had things figured out. These wheels take a common tire size so tires are no problem.
            These wheels are "racing wheels" and not a DOT wheel, so the center is flat, heavy steel. I understand they need to be torqued regularly unlike an OEM wheel.
            If you are interested PM me and I can send info.
            DrPepper

Comment

Wheels

Hi,
              could you please send me pics of your wheels?
              thanks,
              Patrick

Comment

OEM wheel and finally got pix resized

My TW came to me with 6 wheels, mix of Dual and 2WD offset riveted wheels. The practice (as I was told by the PO) in Colorado for search and rescue vehicles was to open up the rear wheel well (and mine are) and install Dual Wheels on the back.
                I couldn't find good OEM wheels so I had 5 of these made.
                DP
                Attached Files

Comment

'57 Wheels alternative

I tried to get them from a company in Northern California to but they wouldn't answer the phone or e-mail. The 16"x 7" - 6 x 5/8-18 stud wheels I had made by Diamond in Milwaukee are "Racing Wheels" that do not have the DOT certification (?). The size will accept a wide range of tires sizes.
                  I was told they need to be "snugged up" if used on the road a lot.
                  Offset is as close as they could make them to OEM, they still have the tread under the bearing center line. They stick out about 3" more than stock. See pix.

Hope this answers your question

DP
                  Attached Files

Comment

looks sweet Pepper

Comment

Is this what you're looking for? I believe these are originally from a 60 W500, though they are 20". I have a set of 4 with tires. Tread is good, there is the slightest showing of age cracks starting on the sidewalls, but I wouldn't hesitate to run them for a good few years more.

Comment

Those are a larger 6 on 8.75" pattern.

How much would you sell them for? Location?

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
                          Those are a larger 6 on 8.75" pattern.

How much would you sell them for? Location?

Bucky
                          My apologies I missed this, I've only just seen it. I'm open to offers, located in Southern California.
                          thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X