Brake line expansion ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake line expansion ?

Does anyone know how much if any the flex brake lines should expand when the brake is pressed ?

I had some one press the brake pedal while I held the flex line in my hand. I could feel a tiny bit of expansion , I am wondering if its normal.

Originally posted by Kaiser2boy View Post
    Does anyone know how much if any the flex brake lines should expand when the brake is pressed ?

I had some one press the brake pedal while I held the flex line in my hand. I could feel a tiny bit of expansion , I am wondering if its normal.
    They will do that. Hose containing stainless mesh is less inclined.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

In time, the inner wall of the flex line will break down (crack). The line may look fine on the outside, but will expand considerably when pressure is applied. This has been a cause of many spongy brakes & likewise some headscratching, as everything else will be have been looked at & leaving no apparent reason for the sponginess.
      But like Gordon said, even healthy lines can be felt to expand when in use.
      I probably should replace the lines on my W600, as I have no idea as to their age.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
      X