No announcement yet.

New Project - 1957 PW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the world of Power Wagons, and as a first Power Wagon you have an excellent find on your hands. Thank you for sharing it with us and keep us posted on progress.
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Thanks all. I have seen a lot of pictures of what people have started with and I agree that having a cancer free vehicle is a big plus. Here is a pic of the new tailgate. I ordered the longer one but they sent me this one by mistake. They corrected the situation though and now I have the correct one. This is beautiful workmanship.

If anyone has original rear fenders I would love to see pics to compare to mine.

Where is the stock exhaust routed? Does it come out in front of the right rear wheel? Any pics here would be welcome as well.

It seems like there is only one brake light (on the left). Does this seem right? My housing is in good shape but I would love to get an original tail light lens and lower license plate lens. Any ideas of where to look?

Thanks

John
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RicherRacing View Post
        Here are some pics of the fenders. They seem to be in good shape but I am not sure they are original. They do have a crown but......
        I found these two photos of trucks for sale on ebay and the rear fenders look similarly irregular. I'm beginning to think that the original fenders were handmade. Does anyone have pics of original fenders?
        John
        Attached Files

Comment

Check these out http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Power-...2a988c&vxp=mtr

Comment

Rear Fenders

Originally posted by lostswede View Post
            Thanks Lostswede.
            These do look better but do you see any irregularity on the edge of these? I will email seller and ask. I'm curious how much these will sell for. Any guesses?
            John
            Attached Files

Comment

Frame Off

I am down to the frame (almost). Just need to remove the engine and springs.
              Fortunately the frame does not have any rust and looks solid. My plan is to have the frame sand blasted. I was originally considering powder coating but I am leaning toward paint now. Do any of you have any recommendations?
              Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. A High Quality Epoxy Primer and then top coat with a Chassis Black is my recommendation.
                I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                Will
                WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

I have NOS passenger side door window channel for one piece regulators. (The one that goes on the bottom of the glass). I will also tell you Dodge used 2 different regulators. The L shaped one like you have was used on BOTH one and two piece door glass later on. I guess so they could have less parts to stock. There are 2 different glass setting channels accordingly so make sure which regulator you are going to use before getting the channel.

The other regulator is a better design to me as it lifts the glass evenly as opposed to just on one end. If you need pics, let me know and I'll show what I'm referring to if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
                    Looking good. A High Quality Epoxy Primer and then top coat with a Chassis Black is my recommendation.
                    Thanks Will.
                    Is Chassis Black a gloss, satin, or flat paint? My intent with this truck is to go completely stock. I have been researching original paint colors and it seems the engine and transmission were silver with everything else black.
                    John

Comment

John,

Chassis black comes in all Gloss's, a satin would be the best choice, but flat is more forgiving on touch-ups.
                      I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                      Will
                      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin in Ohio View Post
                        I have NOS passenger side door window channel for one piece regulators. (The one that goes on the bottom of the glass). I will also tell you Dodge used 2 different regulators. The L shaped one like you have was used on BOTH one and two piece door glass later on. I guess so they could have less parts to stock. There are 2 different glass setting channels accordingly so make sure which regulator you are going to use before getting the channel.

The other regulator is a better design to me as it lifts the glass evenly as opposed to just on one end. If you need pics, let me know and I'll show what I'm referring to if needed.
                        Thanks Kevin,
                        I did already buy a used larger regulator. How much are you asking for your NOS and how much for the channel? I am looking for window cranks and door handles as well.
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by RicherRacing View Post
                          Thanks Kevin,
                          I did already buy a used larger regulator. How much are you asking for your NOS and how much for the channel? I am looking for window cranks and door handles as well.
                          John
                          $20.00 + actual shipping(need a zip code) just PM me if interested and I can send pics.

kjfoust@juno.com

Don't have cranks or handles but do have NOS passenger door latch assemblys.

Comment

Well, I put the frame on jack stands and my front left spring falls off at the rear. It must have been wedged in as I have driven the truck a few short times to check the running gear with no issues. Its a good thing I didn't try to go over a jump eh?
                            I did notice the truck was a bit lower on the left side and this explains it.
                            I planned to get all springs rebuilt so this is not a big deal, just thought it interesting.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is my inspiration. This is the truck that sold for $100,000 at Barrett Jackson.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Right side
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X