Dodge PW/M37 4.89 differentials for front & rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge PW/M37 4.89 differentials for front & rear

I have a set (2) of used Dodge PW/M37 open differentials with 4.89 installed. They have PW yokes on them, which swap out for M37 yokes. They are ready to install. They will increase your road speed while cutting down on engine rpms compared to original 5.83 gearing.

Shipping is $$. Figure $100 each b/c ~80lbs.
    Location is near Hershey, PA.

The price is $1000 for both or $1000 for one;)
    Remember, new 4.89 gears cost over $450.00 per axle and then require installation by a rare person with tools to work on these 9 5/8" rears- $$$$. Mine are bolt in.

I will post pics later this week.

Are these factory 4.89 gears? And how do they feel, have they ever been rebuilt? As far as carriers, or bearings?
    1967 W200.aka.Hank
    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
    2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Original differentials with Chrysler # for ring gear. I stamp bearing caps when I rebuild a rear to ensure they are reinstalled correctly. These caps have no rebuilder marks.

Bearings feel great. Nice and smooth without grinding, noises, or uneven resistance.

Prior owner said these were sitting on a shelf for many years. I never ran them as I went with a D60 front and 14bolt rear.

I am having no luck posting pics.

Comment

Comment

Note, there is some dust and a piece of a leaf on a gear tooth. It is a dust magnet.q

Comment

I will post pics of the other rear differiental tomorrow - took too long to discover that Photobucket no longer has url links to post pics.
            Btw: the casting is painted in brown primer from the factory.

Comment

The following are pics of the 2nd differential. Clearly this was the back differential. Like the other differential, the bearings and backlash are great. Unlike the other which seems to have no wear on the ring gear teeth (still has blue finish on wear points), this has normal shiny wear patterns. Note that 5-6 teeth had slight surface rust that wiped off with an oily rage to reveal slight frosting on the wear surface, but won't effect its use. I would put the 1st rear in the back of the truck and the 2nd differential in the front axle housing as the back axle gets most of the wear.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Drew M. 717-37one-609two

Comment

These would be a fantastic deal for someone needing the 4.89's someone will latch on to them soon.
                      1967 W200.aka.Hank
                      1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
                      2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Sold pending funds.

Comment

Sold. At a new home in MD. :)

Comment

Working...
                          X