77 w200 lift kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77 w200 lift kit

Thinking of lifting my 77 w200, but how much can I go with out messing with the pitman arm. Just finished a p/s conversion and finally tracked down the pitman for that, any knowledge would be great, would like go about 4 inches

I think 4" is about the limit then you get into those pitman/steering issues.
    Be sure & get a lift system that uses new springs all the way around & NOT just taller lift blocks on the rear.

Bucky

Comment

Thank you, I have read a few things that told me the same thing about putting new springs all the way around

Comment

You may consider a 4" lift steering arm for the drivers side knuckle, too.

Comment

Is there a big difference in ride quality if a go with a soft ride suspension lift on front and rear

Comment

I did this on my truck, 4" front and 3" in the back. All new springs in front, taller blocks in rear with a helper leaf. Ordered it from BDS Suspension and it came with everything including the steering arm block to lift the arm, wedges for the springs to angle the diffs and all the hardware to put it together. I haven't driven it yet so can't say how well it works but it sure looks good. Nice stance with just a hint of nose down.

Comment

I read a article that said you need new springs all the way around, the ride was still really rough with just putting the block in the back. Just was wondering if there was a big difference with an all soft ride suspension

Comment

The Superlift soft ride springs may decrease the load capacity. If you're not using the truck commercially or for heavy loads, no reason to sacrifice your comfort.

Also, if you're looking for only 4" lift, get that height for the front. Use a 6" lift spring for the rear and no block needs to be used.

Sat level with the service body:

Comment

Working...
                X