Nebraska M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska M37

Hey guys, I just thought I would drop some eye candy here for ya. Once harvest is over this truck is going into the shop. Going in yellow, but it's not coming out looking like it goes in!

Comment

I kinda like that yellow...
      What color are you going with?

Comment

Not the direction I was thinking of at first, but I really like this "concrete grey" color.

Comment

Cool color - would you paint it gloss or flat?

Comment

I think I'm going to have to go glossy on this one. Not my style but I just think it looks good with this color.

This truck is so straight and rust free that I "should" be able to really put down some nice paint.

Cool story about the truck. As you can see I am afflicted with the love of old trucks. I never even look in the glove box when I buy one because they are just full of mice nests. Well I drove the truck home from the fire department I bought it from about 15 miles away from my farm. When I got home I opened the glove box and like the rest of the truck was clean as a whistle. To my astonishment there was an old manila envelope inside with records of the truck since its delivery in 1953. There are maintenance records from all of the 50's 60's and 70's. Its all there. The exact units the truck belonged to...everything. The rural fire departments records were in there as well. Just blew my mind. I just wanted to share that because I know most people never know exactly where their trucks were or have a hard time finding out. In this case it was all in Selective Service envelope in my glove box...Hahaha

Comment

Comment

Comment

Well Harvest is over so I found a corner of the shop to start.

Comment

I love working on old trucks. I got a lot done today and used nothing but a 9/16 and a 5/8.

Comment

Totally cool & great pics! What a find! Yes it should look sharp in that paint! Keep posting!

Comment

Not one rusty bolt on this truck. Progress is being made, but other things keep getting in the way...

Comment

A man has got to eat.

Comment

I love this truck! It is crazy how easy it is to work on. Still not one tough bolt. Every part I take off is clean and rust free. Its a nice change. The front wiring harness is about 70%, might have to run a new one in there. The only problem is that I think when I get the cab off Im going to want to drop a 4BT in there.....I was really trying to avoid it because the engine is a strong runner. But now would be the time.

Comment

You are having wat too much fun! Build it how you would like!

Comment

Working...
                              X