• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 W200 Cummins Project

1965 W200 Crew cab shortbed
    -1996 12 valve Cummins w/250k miles
    -new gasket/seal kit from Cummins
    -3k gov spring kit
    -60 lb exhaust springs (exhaust brake soon to come)
    -KDP tabbed
    -Dana 80 rear/ Dana 60 hp front
    -Next: ARP head studs
    -possible twin turbo setup coming

Finally had some time to draw up some motor mounts and get them cut out on the CNC plasma table. Used some 3/8's plate. Here are some pics:

Driver motor mount

Passenger motor mount

Will hopefully get the motor mounts welded in soon and then sandblast/paint the frame and then box it in.

Comment

(June 2011)
      Here are some pics of the engine and parts:

(October 2011)
      Took out the original Dana 60 and installed the Dana 80:

Comment

Very nice, and great photos. I would like to correspond with you about an article for the magazine on this project.....
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Gordon,
          Shoot me an email and let me know what you want for the article and I can get you some photos and writeup on the truck.

Comment

I would give my non critical organs for a CNC plasma table.

Comment

Installed the clutch today. Gonna get the frame welded up tomorrow and sandblasted hopefully tuesday. Here are some more pics:

Comment

Finished up the rear cross member. I modified a cross member that I had that came on an automatic. Have minor things to finish up on it but other than that almost ready for sand blasting and painting.

Steering:

Comment

Found a power steering gear box from a '84 Chevy C30. Some of my buddies have used these on their rigs so I thought I'd give it a try. It will be mounted on the outside of the frame.

Comment

Made some progress...
                    Milled down the rocker pedestals to accomodate the ARP 2000 studs:

Built brackets to mount the core support to:

Comment

Finished boxing in and welding up the frame...Next is sandblasting and paint.

Still looking for a kingpin Dana 60 for the front. Can't wait to get the Cummins fired up.

Comment

Thanks for all the comments!
                        Sanblasted the frame this afternoon. Ready to paint tomorrow.

Rob

Comment

Painted the frame this afternoon. It was a High Gloss Black from Imron. Turned out good for being an amateur painter.

Rob

Comment

Installed the Dana 80 yesterday. Had to get new u-bolts made.

Haven't had any luck on finding the passenger drop king pin Dana 60 (4.10) yet but still looking.

Comment

Put the Cummins and NV4500 in the frame yesterday hopefully for the last time for a while. Here are some pics:

Waiting on the input housing and shaft coupler for the NP205 transfer case.
                              Had another idea for the power steering unit. Off of a Scout II:

Comment

Working...
                              X