Windrock again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windrock again

This past weekend my wife and I took our TownWagon to Oliver Springs, TN to ride at Windrock OHV. The weather could not have been any better. We met a guy and his 14 year old son as the pulled in beside us. This was their first time so I became the unofficial guide since this was my 4th time at Windrock. We had a great morning riding trail 2 then a run up to the windmills at the top of the mountain. After lunch in the parking lot we set out on trail 22 which is rated difficult. The TW did great as usual taking on everything I pointed it at. The Jeep broke a front spring mount so we McGuyvered it back together enough to get off the mountain. That is until the Jeep ran out of gas. We took the TW down to town for gas and climbed back up the mountain for the rescue. By 5 PM we all back at the parking lot loading up. My wife had a good first time out but said she wanted elbow pads and a HANS neck brace next time. We had a lot of positive comments as we met people on the trails. As we passed them I told them we do it OLD SCHOOL. We got a fair share of "thumbs up" as we were passed going down the hiways too. Stopping for fuel usually meant answering questions, the most popular was "What year and model is that?" It was all good.

Windrock really is a nice place to ride! I need to get back up there.....

Sean

Comment

Do you ever venture over to Attica? Used to take my Rover there when I lived in Indy.

Comment

My wife and I rode along with a friend in her Jeep and her Jeep club last December at the Badlands. It's good if you have a Jeep sized truck there but it's no place for a Townwagon. We had a good time even in a open Jeep in the cold. We went to Redbird OHV this past October which is in southern Indiana and had a great time there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
          My wife and I rode along with a friend in her Jeep and her Jeep club last December at the Badlands. It's good if you have a Jeep sized truck there but it's no place for a Townwagon. We had a good time even in a open Jeep in the cold. We went to Redbird OHV this past October which is in southern Indiana and had a great time there.

I dont think I ever went to Redbird, but I did go to some OHV park in Ohio, going down towards Cincinatti. Dont recall the name. The Rover was a Series IIA 88" wheelbase, so it was CJ sized.

Comment

Redbird is relatively new and was taken over by the DNR last year. 1400 acres and well kept. We will be going back again. It's 4 hours from us but it was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
              You rode in a Jeep? Blastphemy! ha! ha!

Comment

Working...
              X