Which is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is best?

I am eventually going to need to replace the truck I currently use for towing my car hauler. I have no experience with any diesel Dodges. What year, model, engine, and configuration has the best reputation for reliability, service life, etc? My current trailer is an 18' long, 7000 GVW trailer, standard 2-5/8" ball hitch. I may also upgrade to a bigger gooseneck trailer. I always prefer to buy used ("previously owned" in todays sales speak.)
    There must be some opinions out there!
    Thanks,
    DavidGB

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...ad.php?t=11106

Here's a starter conversation that's just touches on the subject. If you search this particular forum back to day one you might find some answers. I can't speak from personal experience on the diesel, as I haven't owned one.

As a general rule, older models = less power/better mileage.

Bucky

Comment

Best Diesel for towing.

Bucky,
      Thanks for heading me to that thread. I am just beginning my research and so don't not know enough yet to have specific questions. That thread gave me some good starting points.
      DavidGB

Comment

The newer they get the more power they come with. Along with more issues. If you live in an emissions free state you can remove the egr and dpf on a 6.7 have a much better truck . If you live in a strict smog state then you are better off getting an older one.

Comment

Working...
        X