New Hemi Crate Motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hemi Crate Motors

Is this as big of a game changer that feel like it is? Can I go to the junk yard pick a 5.7 from an 05 charger and hook it up to my 73 PowerWagon? (Of course I would have to buy the $1700 adapter kit). Would it plug into my 904 transmission. Motor mounts? Ideas?

Biggest issue is after building some engine mounts is usually all the connections. Most of these were throttle-by-wire, so you need the electronic gas peddle, which might make controlling the trans tough if it needs a kickdown linkage.

Fuel plumbing changes too since you'll need an electric fuel pump and regulator, and maybe a fuel return line, though some are returnless now.

Not a bad motor, love the one in my Magnum, though they like to rev so low end grunt may not be what you are used to if you're running a 318 or 360.

Comment

Here was an offering from Cleveland Power and Performance:

For our MOPAR fans out there, we will be offering this 2006 Magnum SRT-8 6.1L Hemi Engine with an automatic transmission in a turn key running pallet configuration AT NO RESERVE! That's right, only one penny to get your bid in on this great drop out, and the highest bidder at the end of the bidding period WINS IT! PERIOD! Get your bid in early and high as this one is a great way to get into our turn key packages!
      I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
      Will
      WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
      1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
      1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
      1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
      2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Working...
      X