No announcement yet.

49 PW Truck Bed Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you need to make some new pieces check out my build thread, I can help you out with any measurements you need

Comment

The Bed looks great, thank you for sharing.
      1967 W200.aka.Hank
      1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
      2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Thanks for the offer gyman98, I will probably take you up on it when I get to the bed. At this time I am still trying to make the decision to go with the truck bed or a flat bed. I only have the two side panels (not original to truck), the tail gate I have is the wrong year and I have no other pieces.

Any one have any idea what the side panels may be worth $$? Tailgate $?

Comment

Originally posted by texcwa View Post
          Thanks for the offer gyman98, I will probably take you up on it when I get to the bed. At this time I am still trying to make the decision to go with the truck bed or a flat bed. I only have the two side panels (not original to truck), the tail gate I have is the wrong year and I have no other pieces.

Any one have any idea what the side panels may be worth $$? Tailgate $?
          I think it depends on the condition of each and what series they are. Finished up the passenger side last night, see what you think:

Comment

After several years of not working on my PW I decided to go with a flat bed. As mentioned in this thread, all I have are the side bed panels (which I would consider selling). With the help of Will "W_A_Watson_II" with his great article on the way he built his and his help when I had questions, and Todd M for additional help and his ideas during his build (thank you both), I finished my flat bed using some rough sawn Black Oak (these are the type of trees I have on my property) with Odie's Deep penetrating Oil as my finish (the truck is parked in my restoration garage all the time). Thought I would share a few photos and again thanks Will and Todd who I copied his Power Wagon cut-out design on back of bed.
            Attached Files

Comment

In addition, since the body may seem to be a bit rough in the previous pics, I wanted to share a couple before pics and a few restored pics of my PW. The body is all that's left although I like the vintage rough look it has now with an all new chasses under it. Should I complete it or leave it as is?
              Attached Files

Comment

I love the finished bed design. Wonderful work. Looks amazing.

Comment

I'm glad you like it since most of it's design is off yours, lol. Thanks Todd

Comment

Great work, and glad you got it the way you want, Enjoy!
                    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                    Will
                    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Working...
                    X