My 49 is Coming together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the road

Well I am very pleased to say the least. After 6 years, 3 months of receiving my 1949 PW, I got to drive it for the 1st time. It was a great feeling knowing that I touched every nut, bolt, washer, bearing, bushing, seal, gasket, gear, ect. and it ran without issue. Need to make a couple of adjustments: Throttle return springs a bit too tight and need to back of a bit on the clutch, other than that "what a blast". Again want to thank all that helped out and a special thanks to VPW. Matt, Jens, Steve and others, who spent many of phone conversations helping out.

Here are a couple of short YouTube vids of it maiden voyage and a pic from Nov. 25, 2012 when I got the truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2MwfBJwaVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m1Gis8ejBo
    Attached Files

Comment

Looking for some advice. At this time I am going to leave the cab and other body/fender/hood parts as is but want to clean up the interior of cab. Have many of the new parts but before installing the headliner, wanted to treat/seal the surface rust thats inside the pillars/ at wiper location and other framing (with slot cut-outs) but cannot get in there to clean or paint well. Does anyone know of a spray type sealer that I can spray through the slots to help seal over the rust? fogging it would be best if there is such a material. Thanks

Comment

Eastwood makes a Inside Frame Coating that you might want to look at. I've used it on a couple of frames and the hose/nozzle makes it great for getting into locations that you cant reach normally or even see. They say it destroys rust hiding inside the chassis so it should work in the inside of cab areas as well.
        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
        Will
        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Thanks W_A_Watson_II, will take a look on their site. I bought my steering wheel repair kit from them.
          Edit: Looked up the product and looks to be exactly what I am looking for. Ordered 2 cans and again Thanks.
          Last edited by texcwa; 03-01-2018, 10:52 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

I have used a KBS product that is an aerosol can, i will look for the name tommorow.
            1967 W200.aka.Hank
            1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
            2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Thanks Matt and the new site seems to be working well.

Comment

IMAG0295.jpgIMAG0298.jpgIMAG0296.jpg Just a quick update, finally got some interior work completed. Matt mentioned to set aside a weekend for the headliner installation and he was not kidding, 11 hours today to do it. Now I need to locate the covers that go over the wind shield wiper access holes, start the side window rebuild (both sides) and then the bed.

Comment

Looks amazing

Comment

Don I mean it when I say I could have not done a better job myself, that turned out beautifully. Very Nice job.
                    1967 W200.aka.Hank
                    1946 WDX.aka.Shorty

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Thanks all, it's been an adventure working on this truck, just wish I had more time (and places) to drive it. Matt, unfortunately you have not heard the last from me, need to get moving on both door windows and hardware. Todd, I may need some assistance when I'm ready for my flat bed since yours turned out so well.

Comment

Just could not live with the two upper openings where the wiper motor covers are to be so just painted some plate material and really could not live with the 4 holes in center of dash (see post 22 above) so another painted plate with my favorite NRA logo finished that off. Just needed to dab a bit before I get into side windows. IMAG0340-1.jpg

Comment

Just an update, among other things like completing all new glass installation, got some NOS wiper motors/arm/blades installed, OEM wiper covers (thanks to Tod), new glove box installed and today got my heater and defrosters plumbed and working. Every day I find something new to do on it.

IMAG0978.jpgPheater plumbing.jpg
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looking real sharp

Comment

It sounds like you are really close Tex, I can't wait to see how this turns out for you.
                                1967 W200.aka.Hank
                                1946 WDX.aka.Shorty

Comment

Working...
                                X