The WC53 Carryall thread .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruce

Sorry if I highjacked your thread, I thought I was responding directly to your comments. If I didn't then ask Gordon to put this back into the W section. The CAD axles started in or about 84-85, that's an 85 in my photo.
    Here you go, back on track...

MN

Comment

Originally posted by mcinfantry View Post
      im thinking about setting up a wc web page with a mini-forum, and pic and ideas...
      We already have a forum...Why not put your pics and ideas here?
      Gordon goes to a lot of time and EXPENSE to provide these forums here for our use. You have a ready made audience and plenty of Carryall fans RIGHT HERE!
      I'm not trying to discourage you, but I remember when the M37 guys came here to enjoy the service provided when big electric died, some gratitude they showed Gordon by staying here just long enough to advertise and try to steal forum visitors. Was that productive to the hobby or just Ego?
      If you guys are disappointed by the traffic or lack of focus why not ask about a separate WC53 section? And.. is that really needed? I think more posts and more participation can work here better than anywhere else. We need cohesion not dispersion, there are not more than 75-100 of these Carryall owners active in the hobby to start with, let's build it up from right here!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
        I see the thread got moved .
        I put it back. :-)

If you search here under WC53 or carryall you will find this thread.

Thank you for starting it and for your enthusiasm for the Dodge carryall.

Gordon
        Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
          We already have a forum...Why not put your pics and ideas here?
          Gordon goes to a lot of time and EXPENSE to provide these forums here for our use. You have a ready made audience and plenty of Carryall fans RIGHT HERE!
          I'm not trying to discourage you, but I remember when the M37 guys came here to enjoy the service provided when big electric died, some gratitude they showed Gordon by staying here just long enough to advertise and try to steal forum visitors. Was that productive to the hobby or just Ego?
          If you guys are disappointed by the traffic or lack of focus why not ask about a separate WC53 section? And.. is that really needed? I think more posts and more participation can work here better than anywhere else. We need cohesion not dispersion, there are not more than 75-100 of these Carryall owners active in the hobby to start with, let's build it up from right here!
          Thank you, Norm, for your kind words. Really.

I am trying to cultivate the place to be, right here on this forums group.

I can even create a sub-forum in WWII for carryalls, if enough people want that.

Someone can start a thread to develop that point, if they wish. I am all ears.... or eyes, in this case, I guess. :-)
          Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

BC Bruce:

It's already been done bro. Lot's 'O' Carryall pics and the like. All kinds of Carryall questions (especially by me) and answers. As for em all being in WC 53 group, ask the man, afterall, it is his site and he IS the zookeeper. But remember, there were ONLY 8400 53's made, so it is sorta limited exposure thang.

Lee:

There already is a WC only site (but it even added other vehicles), and it is quite good. There's also the WC Wiki site. Then ya got the regular PW site, but, THIS IS the original, main #1 site. BTW, ya get the package yet?

Later
            Ugg

Comment

Boy Oh Boy

Gordon & Nammy:

You guys are just to quick on the type & click stuff for me. HA!

Later
              Ugg

Comment

no problem! then hopefully soon ill have some stuff to post

Comment

Afternoon peoples

Wow , we got some action today.

Norm , I do not think you highjacked anything . What you posted was dodge related and of interest to those of us doing swaps . The imfo is aplicable and very much apreciated. Your comments certainly meet my criteria of "all things carryall "

Ugg- If there is a carryall thread I seem to have missed it . There was a fair amount of chatter on your skimatical thread but I felt the title did not invite other types of posts . Several years back I saw your truck when it was first advertised for sale. I have no recollection where I saw the add but I sure liked it . A central hub of imformation might help link that kind of thing up . Some shots of you fixing that dent would be great.

Lee - you have some awesume stuff to share and you do not have the time to run a site . Whatever you do please take the time to post some pictures and consider writing an article for Gordon. You have some nice work to share .

I , like you ,am running a Dana 60 in my carryall . There are a few folks who have done this and more considering it . What to do with the springs not lining up , shock mounts , steering are all areas of interest .

Did you install ARB,s? Have you looked at the OX locker ? I keep hearing complaints about ARB,s o rings but others have had em work fine for close to a decade . Not sure what to think . I am a bit worried about installing the things and certainly can not aford to pay some one else .

Carryall content . I blasted some of my front sheet metal today . This was after it had a bath in the derusting tank . There was a small amount of real stubborn rust that needed removing . I did not get it painted . My son borrowed my car and drove off with my paint mask filters. I have a little but of work to do to the passenger fender before I splash it with primer.

Gotta run . Jeep troubles in the front driveway .

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by mcinfantry View Post
                    no problem! then hopefully soon ill have some stuff to post
                    That would be great! I always enjoy your posts.
                    Bruce, the ARB o-ring problems seem to stem from poor installation techniques, just the tiniest nick will lead to a tear and leaking. I'll hav eto get some fram dimensions from you to comapre with later Dodge spring perches, from memory (DANGER!) I seem to recall any where from 38" to 34" for th evarious years, I have axles and frames at my shop to measure if you can give me your Carryall frame width. A little data base can then be started.
                    MN

Comment

Thanks Norm I have a gear swap comming up.

I have installed a 90 dodge D60 in the front . 67 inches WMS to WMS. I used the springs from the dodge and built custom mounts. I will shoot some pictures of this install next week.
                      The early Ford 78-79 is basically a bolt in and will fit the stock springs with very little work. If not , there is room to move the purches.
                      The kids jeep ate its alternator.

Bruce

Comment

Carryall content . I blasted some of my front sheet metal today . This was after it had a bath in the derusting tank . There was a small amount of real stubborn rust that needed removing . I did not get it painted . My son borrowed my car and drove off with my paint mask filters. I have a little but of work to do to the passenger fender before I splash it with primer.
                        [/QUOTE]

By 'derusting tank' are we by any chance talking about an electrolytic process?

I applaud your intelligent decision to NOT PAINT because you did not have the proper safety equipment! A SINGLE paint exposure can ruin your whole life.

One more question: were any of these Carryalls 2WD like the later Town Wagon?

Comment

Yes they were:
                          WC 48 shown here,

And WC 36

MN

Comment

Interesting! Thanks for the pics!!

Comment

im running the stock d60 axle and reusing the knuckle mount, fabbed up a ney spring perch for the drivers side, and re-using the knee shocks, and the stock springs

im going to go 16ga floor with wood veneer top and going to cut the overhead brackets out, and "halo" the opening and fill the hole with smoked lexan and put 1.5" tube up the a,b,c,d pillar for strength and 3pt seat belt anchors.....

Comment

BC Bruce:

Actually bro, I've posted quite a few threads that started "WC 53 Question", or "Carryall Question", or the like, and that was just me. They stem way back to the begining of PWA when ya do a search on the topic, from quite a few people. The schematic was just a pass along thing, to share what I got from Chrysler Historical. I'm also hoping to get the drawings of the Special from them, and if I do, I will share it too.

You saw the Beast over at Joe's site, as that's where I 1st saw it (and the only place it was advertised), and that was 6 years ago or so. I AM planing on putting together an artical on what I did, and how we got the dent out, but a little hint, a 4 ton Porta Power isn't strong enough to move that metal, I needed a 10 Ton for the job. Ever see seals pop on a Porta Power? Not a pretty sight. Messy too. HA!

Right now, most of our time spent on the Beast is with that stupid tent, so we can eventually get some more work done on it. One day, I WILL take back my garage from the Mrs, but it will take a lot of work to reclaim. Sidenote; we entered a contest for a garage make-over/messyest garage, and was really surprised we didn't win. I think when they saw pictures of our garage, they said "THAT PLACE IS BEYOND HELP!" HA!

Norm:

Isn't McGordon's Carryall a 2WD too? Thanks for the pic's and I'll add em to my collection. I'm more interested in action shots though, vehicles in useage. Got any?

Lee:

No VIN #'s on the Special, but like I said to Bruce, if I get the drawings, I'll pass em along. BTW, Paul IS REALLY considering the Special route. HA!

On the WC 53 section, again, being that I have one (albeit junk), it WOULD be neat, but really, there were only 8400 made, and of that #, how many are left around these days? Maybe a Good title for it would be "All Things Carryall"?

Later (gotta go jack with the tent)
                                Ugg

Comment

Working...
                                X