MRW Wheels on M37 Brush Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRW Wheels on M37 Brush Truck

My brother (Darrell) got his new Marsh Racing 17x9 Tubeless Budd Center Wheels and had them painted with foe windows to break up the solid center and mimic the looks of the stock Budd Wheels. He then mounted is BFG 37x12.5r17's on them and installed them on the Brush Truck. WOW what an improvement in both appearance and ride.

More Pictures at: Brush Truck Enhancements
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Say, those look really sharp! GUS' wheels were built in Denver and have a 3/8" plate center, with no holes cut out, but we seem to share the same heavy duty truck wheel as the base of design. It is sooo nice to be rolling on tubeless radials!

I am posting a pic of Noel Johnson's M-37, taken a couple of weeks ago in Moab. I swear I meant to take more detailed pix, but alas, no. There is another image already posted here that may be a little better, but forum protocols prevent re posting. It is posted in the RMHC/Moab thread under Events and Outings.

Those wheels are the same size your brother is using, with stock Budd centers. Noel worked closely with Stockton Wheel to come up with the process, and they look flawless. I was able to see the details of how they are made on the back side of his spare. From the front side they look absolutely stock. Maybe we can convince him to write a little piece on the details...

cd
    Attached Files
    1949 B-1 PW (Gus)
    1955 C-3 PW (Woodrow)
    2001 Dodge 2500 (Dish...formerly Maney's Mopar)
    1978 Suzuki GS1000EC (fulfills the need...the need for speed)
    1954 Ford 860 tractor
    1966 Chrysler LS 16 sailboat (as yet un-named)
    UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FITS

Comment

CD, Thanks, Those do indeed look nice. More details would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Will
      WAWII.com

Comment

Will, Those turned out superb!
        May I ask for a brief summary on the differences of those and the wheels you have on Frank?
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

Thanks Matt,

The Bead-Locks on Frankie are 17x10's with 7.75" of "true" backspacing.

These are 17x9's with 7.375" of "true" backspacing.

For reference the stock Budd Wheels are 16x6.5's and 7" of "true" backspacing.

The reason i reference the "true" backspacing is because the Budd wheels have a larger return lip than modern wheels, and using the traditional way to measure the backspacing and comparing them would be like comparing apples and oranges. That's probably why they have started using "offset" as the more common wheel measurement.

3.75" Offset on Budd Wheels
          2.2875" Offset on the 17x9 Tubless (center-line of tire moved out board 1.4625")
          2.75" Offset on the 17x10 Bead-Locks (center-line of tire moved outboard 1")

For reference with his tire and wheel selection the inside of the tire sidewall is inboard approximately 7/8" over the stock 900x16's.

With my Tires and wheels the inside of the tire sidewall is inboard approximately 3/4" over the stock 900x16's.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse anyone.

Thanks,
          Will
          WAWII.com

Comment

Working...
          X