X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress on 1960 Power Giant

Moving along on this rebuild , thought I would post some pics
    Attached Files

Looks good. It's all in the prep to get a good paint job.

Comment

Found some metal that needed replacing too
      Attached Files

Comment

I've rebuilt a few of those cab mounts or replaced the floor altogether. The trick is getting the heavier gauge piece under the floor at the mount. Looks like you've got it under control.

Comment

I found this filter in the cab behind the seat & looks like its connected by a rubber hose to what seems to be a brake booster attached to the frame
          Attached Files

Comment

You are correct on both counts. Brake boosters make a world of difference on these trucks. I get them rebuilt for $200-250 and hang on to that filter I've never found new ones.

Comment

Ron when it needs to be rebuilt I will definitely look you up ,thanks , I found this to be neat also . Looks like a brake in between the tranny & the driveshaft. This truck is equipped with macro-lock so that's could be it
              Attached Files

Comment

That is your parking brake that's controlled by the handle in the cab next to your left leg. All Power Giants have one of these. You can take up the wear or slack with the knob on the end of the handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                  That is your parking brake that's controlled by the handle in the cab next to your left leg. All Power Giants have one of these. You can take up the wear or slack with the knob on the end of the handle.
                  Thanks Ron , for clearing that up , this truck is full of surprises for me , The macro-lock must work off the master cylinder then , It is a lever on the dash that locks all 4 wheels at once , I've never seen one before

Comment

I am removing the PTO & along with the Stimmel Winch & the oil reservoir if anyone could use them for their build let me know or I have to put them on e-bay
                    Attached Files

Comment

I am thinking about removing the secondary helper springs from the rear due to the fact they are not needed for extra weight anymore & to soften the ride a bit. Does anyone know of a functional reason to leave them in ?
                      Attached Files

Comment

based on their installation as pictured, removing them will not soften an un-loaded ride as they are mounted spaced up and off of the main leaf pack.
                        I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                        Will
                        WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                        1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                        1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                        1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                        2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

Originally posted by W_A_Watson_II View Post
                          based on their installation as pictured, removing them will not soften an un-loaded ride as they are mounted spaced up and off of the main leaf pack.
                          That's a good point , thank you

Comment

What Will said they won't effect your ride. That truck had a heavy load at some point with the rear perch bent up and the front one cracked.

Comment

If it won't make a difference I'm gonna leave them in there to keep it as close to stock as possible. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Working...
                              X