Bought a 1954 M152 Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a 1954 M152 Saturday

Hope the pics turn out right after resizing.
    Attached Files

Great looking somewhat rare Dodge model, I have always wanted but never found one. In what condition is the sheet metal and does it run?

Comment

Good evening Carter, I actually bought four trucks the same day, two M152s and two M37s. I resold one truck of each type on the spot and kept this M152 and a parts M37. Both have a title (an old one).

The M152 does not run. So far, I've found bondo in the back, lower right corner and a small hole on one side, where the roof sheet metal meets between cab and box. The rest of the sheet metal looks o.k. No dents, whatever, except for what would be expected on a 13 000 mile old vehicle (which happens to be what the odometer shows). The roof does not seem to leak (yet). The sheet metal isn't beat up as it was stored in a fenced area.

Rumor has it either this truck or the other M152 belonged to the Canadian War Museum when the collection was located on Sussex Drive and at the Vimy House near Wellington Street, in Ottawa. This truck was sold to a private collector when the collection was moved to the new Museum because of a lack of space. The truck changed hands one more time before landing with me.

I'll post pics of under the hood as soon as I can. It looks original: no hay wire, no vacuum cleaner hose parts!

It is said only one thousand M152s were made. I already have a parts M37 that I'll probably sell since I'll never have the means to restore both vehicles.

The new owner of the other M152 is buying the antenna mast from my truck. His still has the snorkel. He already has another M152 under restoration, and a M37.

Daniel

Comment

Those are such a neat truck, Good find there!! Enjoy it
        1967 W200.aka.Hank
        1946 WDX.aka.Shorty
        2012 Ram 2500 PowerWagon.aka Ollie

Life is easier in a lower gear.

Comment

M152cdn

Good find, any interior left? Pics are always appreciated too... Have a look at this link, if you haven't already found it. http://www.signaltelecom.ca/M152%20I.html You could also send the data plate info and CFR # along with a picture to JD Baille at that site and ask if he will post it for you. JD has lots of contacts for these trucks and may be able to help with specific parts or interior stuff. Look for the CFR# in the headliner above the passenger side windshield. Its not always the same as the last 5 digits of the serial # on the data plate.
          Jess

Comment

Hello Daniel, the condition of the 152 sounds like it should not be to difficult to fix and return to the road or have a complete resto. frame up job done to it and have one very valuable truck, I envy you. No engine compartment hay wire, or vacuum cleaner hose parts is a good sign that previous owners cared enough not to mess around but keep things original. Pics of the 152 are always appreciated, inside, outside and engine compartment will be of interest to folks here I am sure. Carter
            Last edited by carter davidson; 10-12-2014, 09:14 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Tying up a few loose ends at home

Carter and Jess: I took a number of pics under the hood, under the truck and inside. The finishing inside the box is still there, plus shelving and a bench, data plates, signage. I have two different sets of ladders to climb in the box. I will upload as soon as I can.

Jess: I checked your link. Marc Lemay is the one who bought the M152 and the M37 from me. I believe he now has 3-M152s. I checked for a number above the headliner (CFR?) but didn't find anything.

Carter: There's damage in the rear back corners of the truck, both sides, typical of these bodies (from backing up I presume). There are several rust through holes where the antenna mast was located, on the front left hand side of the box. The front fenders don't have the typical rust holes under the bucket lights.

I also have to get to check an experimental military Dodge truck located in my municipality. Three people want to take me there. Seems everybody has seen this truck but me.

Gosh, I spent decades searching for these trucks and now, in the worst of time for me, they are popping up from everywhere so to speak.

Cheers.

Daniel

Comment

New pics - I

Inside - Sheet metal on the left is supposed to belong to a WWII Jeep trailer.
                Attached Files

Comment

More new pics - II

Some data plates
                  Attached Files

Comment

More new pics - III

Inside of cab.
                    Attached Files

Comment

More new pics - IV

Engine bay
                      Attached Files

Comment

More new pics - V

Engine bay again
                        Attached Files

Comment

More new pics - VI

Fender area
                          Attached Files

Comment

More new pics - VII - In search for rust

Found some in the lower back corners (plus dents). There's also rust holes where the antenna mast was located on the left hand side, at the front corner of the box, all the way down the panel.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X