How I got started - M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I got started - M37

I became interested in M37's about four years ago and now can't even remember what started it. I have spotted several over the years and lost out on getting them for various reasons. Was finally able to secure my first in July 2004. The "disease" progresses rapidly and a "deal" to good to pass up came my way in December 2004. Now my wife refers to the vehicles as my fleet. Even though she is understanding for now, I'm not sure how long it will last. Present count is nine M37's.

Steve
    Attached Files

How I got started M37

Here are the other eight.

Steve
    Attached Files

Comment

9?

If I may ask, how were you able to acquire nine M37's in less than a year? I've owned two in the six or seven years I've been interested in them, and have run across maybe 7 total in that time. Of all, only the two I bought and one other were for sale at the time I saw them.

Comment

It seems in this area, a lot of the vehicles went to the forestry service and then later to local municipalities. They were eventually sold off to ranchers and various businesses. My first
        M-37 was purchased from a city in S.E. Oklahoma, where it had been in a maintenance barn for about 25 years. The last eight I purchased were from a timber company that was liquidating assets and looking for vehicles that require less maintenance. Since the purchase price for all eight was less than what I paid for my first truck, I was more than happy to take them off their hands.

Comment

wonder how many of the other 8 were winch trucks?

Comment

Working...
          X