Clark Transmissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark Transmissions

I just purchased a 280vo core that I plan on going though and putting in one of my projects probably behind a Deutz F5L 912, or, if I can find a Dakota my F4L 912. I'll use the Deutz adaptor to the SAE 2 bell housing. Or, I could use it behind my 4bt if I ever find a good truck for it.

Here's the question: my tranny came without a shifter and is in unknown condition. Will shifters from similar models fit? Do I have to use any hard replacement components from the same case #230790 to work on this 280vo? I could just change the overdrive components to another case if I knew which cases I can use - have about 6 available. I have one in an old GMC that has the 230790 case, but the shifter feels sloppy and worn. Also can get a couple of 282 and 285 v's I don't think the 230790 is a vo. One 285 is in an old fuel truck that has low miles and the tranny feels nice when shifting. I'd love to use that one and convert to od. What are the possibilities?

Clark transmissions

I got a new shifter in 2009. A HD transmission shop ordered one for me. Eaton still makes the basic transmission (no OD) as the Road Ranger series. That may be the source. I'm sure you are over this, as your question was put out 2 1/2 years ago.

Comment

Answers are always good.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
      X