NP540 direct drive 5 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP540 direct drive 5 speed

Thank you for the Ad Gents. I'm looking for clutch related parts for my NP540. I own a 1959 W300 and found a 354 hemi and NP540 out of a 59 D700. The trans only has 28k on it but does not have the fork or throwout bearing. Clutch and flywheel are pretty rusted so any help finding this stuff would be excellent. Thank you

http://www.hrclutch.com/

These guys should have the disc you need. If I recall the 540 used a large 10 spline input. I own a couple of them & got my disc from HR Clutch.

Not sure if they have the T/O or fork.

Bucky

Comment

np540

funny i messaged them and called and told them the yr engine tranny and they said it didnt show up in the system and that they needed more information

Comment

What is the spline count on your disc? Spline diameter? Disc diameter?

I still have the box mine came in, maybe it is same & has a part number.

Dodge used ALOT of engine & tranny combinations in those medium duty trucks over the years.

Bucky

Comment

np540

i know its a 10 spline id have to get it unburied from my shop to verify the other aspects of it.

Comment

Mine is a 13" disc with a 10 spline 1 3/8" input.

Part # NCD2942

cost $119 plus $16 shipping 3 years ago.

Bucky

Comment

that sounds about right but im still going to confirm because for some reason the input shaft looked bigger than 1 3/8"

Comment

Use calipers if you have them. Seems like there were 1.5" inputs offered on some trannys (maybe not Dodge).

I don't think the 540 changed much during its run.

Bucky

Comment

np540

I pulled this trans myself its def original to the 59 Dodge D700.

Comment

I have two & had a third. 65,75,76. All had same input.

Bucky

Comment

np540

I believe you. Like I said I need to measure to confirm. Thank you for the help.

Comment

Is the original engine and trans still in your W300? The NP420 in my 58 W300 has the heavy truck input shaft, which appears to be the same as the NP540.

Comment

clutch parts

Check www.hothemiheads.com for your parts. They have a free classified section. You can place an ad if you wish......

Comment

Working...
                          X