disc brakes input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disc brakes input

i am planning on brake upgrades to my stock axles and am wondering,to save a step or two, are the bolts that hold the backing plate the same or close to a D60 backing plate? and if anyone has done a 4w disc conversion, what master cylinder setup would you recomend? don't tell me to look at this or that site. i want actual user/owner input here.

What type of vehicle are you talking about? This forum covers a range of vehicles, not sure all of them use the corporate Chrysler axles.

Can't verify directly but I would have to say no if you do mean the Chrysler corporate axles. If that were true we wouldn't be stuck using the Ugly Truckling kits, which are good, but expensive and hard to get reliably. And if it did you would still have to have the hubs custom machined to fit that setup.

Comment

sorry,up for the last 30 hours and not thinking anything but M37!lol
      yes i know machining is required. as it is with the helitool conversion or any non-original bolt on mod. but as far as thinking that you are "stuck" with that as the only option, that is mindset.
      for 45 bucks i think ill get a for caliper mount for converting the ford d60 to chevy calipers and play.

Comment

Oh you can absolutely fab your own, just a question of time vs money vs know-how. Remeber these are the things that stop you, so it needs to be bulletproof. It's not rocket science but the details matter.

Good luck, post pics and let us know what you find.

Comment

Working...
        X