Another WC53 Carryall For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another WC53 Carryall For Sale

Well, for several reasons... time being the biggest one, I need to sell the Carryall that I recently rescued.

Its a 1943 build based on the SN.
    It has an MU2 Braden winch on it, that apears to have been there for a LONG time. Drivetrain appears to be complete and original. Includes 4 Combat wheels that I am in the process of installing BRAND NEW inner tubes in, the flaps are in good shape, and putting a set of used grooved 36" Swamper TSLs on them. The chassis, supsension, steering, etc all seems solid and surprisingly well maintained. The body however is rough. Hole in the right rear corner, interior is missing, windows missing, steel floor welded in, and both rear gates and hardware are missing. Truck is certainly a project and would likely be more destined for a Resto-mod similar to mine rather than a full restoration.

I do not want to sell this to a person who is going to try and part it out for the combat wheels, axles, and winch... I'd like to see it on the road, even as just a very cool old rat rod or something similar. I will even be willing to help the buyer build a new lower tailgate as I still have all of my templates from my last gate build.

Truck has a title that matches the SN on the frame, I am still waiting to get the corrected version (MFG. Date was blank on transfer title) from the State.. any day now, but this time of year, we know how the DMV can be.

I have some money in parts tied up in the truck at this point and I know a few members know what I paid for it. I bought it beacuse a friend just "HAD to have it" and then he changed his mind. I was going to try and fix it enough to put on the family farm as a camping truck but I just simply don't have the time and really want to focus on finishing the Carryall that I am already in the middle of.

Ohh, and it runs. I haven't put fuel in the tank the truck has in it, but I have been running it off of a boat type fuel tank. Truck is 12V currently. New points, new coil, new fuel pump. Brakes somewhat work but a think a wheel cylinder has a leak. For $100 I can throw in a set of CJ seats that I bought for it too.

To try and get a little bit of my fuel money, parts money, etc out of it... I am going to start at $2750... I can negotiate some and I know some of you guys know what I paid for the truck but also any money from this truck will just turn into parts for my current Carryall project.

Feel free to email me at
    Blackwaterfabrication at gmail dot com

Truck is located in Chesapeake, Virginia (Virginia Beach).

I will post some current pictures this weekend when I get back around the truck and get the new tires mounted on the combat wheels.
    1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

I will also include the lower gate that came off of my other Carryall. Its not straight nor complete but its a start.

Comment

Comment

Video of the Truck running around some.

http://youtu.be/pNFJrTg1x6I

Comment

Truck is sold. Going to a collector for a full restoration!

Comment

Excellent! I hope the new owner will post the restoration progress? It is always fun to watch the process.

Comment

Working...
            X