m37 motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m37 motor mounts

I had a vibration in the m37 and the 4 wheel drive lever was attempting to engage it'sself. I crawled under the truck to discover the rear motor mounts were shot, the passenger side in particular had squeezed out from where it belongs. I just replaced these 3 or 4 years ago, and I don't remember who I bought them from. I don't want to make the same mistake and wind up with cheap crap, can anyone recommend some good ones? or is there a good grade of rubber I can buy from mc master or grainger? thanks for your input, Matt

Have you checked with Vintage Power Wagons?
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Ziegler View Post
      I had a vibration in the m37 and the 4 wheel drive lever was attempting to engage it'sself. I crawled under the truck to discover the rear motor mounts were shot, the passenger side in particular had squeezed out from where it belongs. I just replaced these 3 or 4 years ago, and I don't remember who I bought them from. I don't want to make the same mistake and wind up with cheap crap, can anyone recommend some good ones? or is there a good grade of rubber I can buy from mc master or grainger? thanks for your input, Matt
      Yes, McMaster-Carr has all types of rubber. EPDM is the best type for isolators as long as you have no oil leaking in the area. It is very resistant to ozone, etc.

Comment

thanks.

Gordon, I believe the ones I'm replacing came from vpw, I stopped at a friend's small engine shop and he had some heavy duty rubber belting, I made a pair from that, they're easy enough to make, I think I'll get the epdm. Charles what thickness do you recommend? the new mounts I made have the top of my emergency brake a little too close to the dashboard. Difficult to release the e brake without damaging my thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Ziegler View Post
          Gordon, I believe the ones I'm replacing came from vpw, I stopped at a friend's small engine shop and he had some heavy duty rubber belting, I made a pair from that, they're easy enough to make, I think I'll get the epdm. Charles what thickness do you recommend? the new mounts I made have the top of my emergency brake a little too close to the dashboard. Difficult to release the e brake without damaging my thumb.
          Memory at age 61 not what it used to be; I'll have to check the correct thickness tomorrow at the shop.

Comment

Thought we had some new isolators, guess not, bin was empty.

I think the original thickness was about 3/8", if you are making your own, don't forget the round portion that has the bolt hole through the center, the OD of that portion must fit the hole in the casting so all goes together snug.

Comment

Working...
            X