Power Wagon Advertiser Forums Vintage Powerwagons Power Wagon Advertiser Magazine

Go Back   Power Wagon Advertiser Forums > MILITARY DODGE 4X4 TRUCKS > WWII Dodge

Notices

WWII Dodge VC, VF, WC 1/2 ton, WC 3/4 ton, including weapons carriers, carryalls, command cars, ambulances, & WC 1-1/2 ton 6X6

Old 05-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #2656
jim lee
Registered

Looks like I have the wrong tank in this machine anyway. Seems like an M37 tank. I'm thinking about just springing for a repo one & sender from Midwest and be done with it.

As for the battery tray & the seat frames. I'd like to just have a look at an original tray. I have a tray, but its plywood along with the box lid but there's nothing holding them together. I'd like to see how the original went together. Maybe I could build one. As for the seat frames who made repo ones? Are there any drawings around? If I could get drawings of the frames I know a fabricator here that I'm betting could really do a great job making frames.

I was looking at the hat channels and had a thought. I could pin interior cloth with magnets. Those tiny rare earth type ones should be able to do it.

Well, now I'm working on brakes. We'll see how well that goes.

-jim lee
jim lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:41 AM   #2657
Bruce in BC
Subscriber

The price keeps climbing on these trucks.

Fourteen grand for this puppy and it is missing quite a few pieces. In some shots the body looks decent and in others not so much. The rear picture is quite telling, the body is racked over and the passenger side top corner is blown open. To fix this, and do a decent job, would take a lot of hours of work. Looks like all the side windows are in place.
Of interest is the cab in the back ground that was once a carryall but was converted to a pickup in the past. Not pretty.

I am looking for a better seam sealer for the seam down the side of the Carryall, the stuff I used has failed. Going to try something else. Just need a few hot days and some time.

link to ad; http://www.collectorcarads.com/Dodge-Carryall/80932
Bruce in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:00 AM   #2658
Bruce in BC
Subscriber

getting more use out of my carryall

Dropped a tree yesterday, the top broke off in the wind. The tree is in my yard and my yard has a mini forest on one side . Of course the tree got hung up. Of course I have to get the tree down, of course I have a concert to attend, of course it starts in less than 40 minutes. So I fired up the Carryall, positioned it, ran out the winch cable, placed a block, made sure there were no neighbours standing in a stupid area, and winched the butt end of the tree to the side, until the tree rolled off the branches it was hung up on. Today I will clean up the mess and rewind the winch cable, I had to wash up and run off to the concert, so everything was left laying on the ground once the tree was down. I did shut off the power to the truck. I would not want a bear or a bird to operate the winch when I am not there to supervise.
As an aside I have been falling on and off for decades, I was attempting to swivel the tree when it fell, and was fighting a lean. The tree did not swivel and the top missed the opening I was shooting for buy about 4 feet. Even when yo have an idea what you are doing, falling can be dangerous and I do not fall trees every day. Once the tree was down I found there where more branches on the top than I thought and when standing the branches would have been in contact with the neighbouring trees.
Am working on the truck on and off, did an oil change and the new Donaldson filter just fits over the engine mount, almost like I designed it that way- the Donaldson filter is longer and does a better job than the Fram. The oil is much cleaner after the first 100 miles than was the case with the Fram.
Also I am machining up a pivot for a rear tire mount, I wish my Colchester lathe had a 4 jaw chuck - three jaws are never close enough to do high tolerance work.
Take care - yes the truck is still a pleasure to drive :-)

Bruce
Old 06-19-2017, 12:47 PM   #2659
bearestir
Registered

My Dad (WWII, Korea, Vietnam vet) is looking for a nice Dodge weapons carrier. If you know of one, please let me know.

He's 93 so he doesn't want to wait three or four years to find one.

Thanks,
bearestir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #2660
Bruce in BC
Subscriber

Your location would help

Try The following in your search
Craigslist search engine and you get a chance to check country wide
Joe's site - you can tag it by googling "Power Wagon page"
Power Wagon Advertiser - subscribe to the hard copy and you have the classified to check out and you could place a wanted ad.
Military swap meets are a decent bet - if you can find one
and another source is your local military vehicle club.

Let us know what you find and we will toss you some leads if anything shows up.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:41 PM   #2661
jim lee
Registered

Pop this line into google

site:craigslist.org [dodge wc] -"real estate"

-jim lee
jim lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:36 AM   #2662
bearestir
Registered

Thanks for all the help