head question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head question

Hello new to this forum and new to dodges in general. I have a 73 w200 adventurer sportsman. After compression testing found #8 dead as in 0 both wet and dry. leak down revealed exhaust valve. I haven't pulled the heads to check but already looking for replacements for quick conversion.

I came across these that were take offs from a crate motor. Can anyone confirm compatibility 4027596. not looking to hotrod just keep some low end torque for daily driving/4x4

Welcome!

According to this chart, the heads you found/have are same as 1977-86 360 engine.

http://www.mymopar.com/headcastnumb.htm

Does your W200 have a 360 or 318?
    Is the #8 exhaust valve broke, or could it be valve spring?

Bucky

Comment

I have a 360, I don't think it's the spring it moves with the engine is running

So talked to the owner of the above mentioned heads stated that the intake 2.02 and the exhaust 1.6. The chart states 1.88 for intake. I hate driving 3 hours not being sure what I'm going find

Comment

Early 360 probably a "J" head with unhardened seats.So a head upgrade or have new seats put in your original heads(which are very good heads)

Comment

finally pulled the head

finally got around to pulling the head and found that the exhaust valve was trashed. Why not sure but I know that the truck sat for a while before i got it. Thanks for the advice
          mike

Comment

Working...
          X