Axle ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle ID

Hey guys. Trying to nail down a few things on my '66 Fargo town wagon. It's a w100 but runs 8 lug axles. Seems to be a Dana 44 closed knuckle on the front and a Dana 60 out back, both running drums. Can anybody confirm this being a common configuration?

Going to have to start a real build thread I suppose :)

Blake

You are correct on the axles you have. Looking forward to your build. Feel free to ask questions to avoid reinventing the wheel, we're all in this together. I've got a 64 TWPW that I restored and have had a great deal of fun with it. Go to the link to see a 58 I did a couple years ago, it was a little intense but came back from the dead http://imageevent.com/ron55/1958townwagon

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ron. Looks like the bronze cones and other parts for that axle can be a bear to find. But we will soldier on. Your wagon was indeed brought back from the dead! Great work! I have a similar rear wood floor in mine. Was that typical or did some come with a full metal floor?

Comment

Forget the cones they are supplying bearing now. Ive not had a problem locating parts. The floors were all plywood I custom made that one with pick up bed strips.

Comment

Good to know. When I get a chance, I will start a build thread with any further questions and dialogue.

Comment

Working...
          X