Window divider source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window divider source

Does anyone know of a source for the felt divider bar that fits into the back channel of the vent window, it is ridgid and about 3 feet long. A supplier and part number would be great.

Thanks
    Mike

I'm confused as to what you are looking for that's 3 feet long on the windows. Steel Rubber products is making new front vent window rubber and division bars if that's what you're looking for. Excellent fit like OEM I've installed 3 sets now. The window channels I get come from Restoration Specialties in PA. Rear window side and back are made by Clester's in NC. Clarify what you need and I'll try to help

Comment

Ron
      Thanks for the reply, I am looking for the divider bar for the front edge of the door glass, it press fits into the back of the vent window frame and runs down inside the door where it is attached with rivets to a bracket. I checked the Steele Rubber site and I think I found what I need in the universal parts section "Ridgid Run Channel" 70-0752-58.
      Thanks Mike

Comment

Mike Restoration Specialties has that window channel that's a perfect fit. My catalog is at the shop for the part number. I don't bother to rivet it fast since the factory didn't. You will of course have to drill out the ones to reuse the lower bracket to reuse. If you do get the one from R S it's not as stiff as the original so I use the old one to reinforce it by pop riveting it back to back from the vent frame to the bracket. I would seriously suggest the vent window rubber and division bar from Steele to freshen up the vent window especially the division bar piece. They only sell it together for $179. I can walk you through that if you go that way.

Comment

Ron

When you get a chance please send me Mike Restoration Specialties part number. Your help is appreciated.

Mike

Comment

Mike the flexible runner for the rear of the window channel is 8-A-2 the front rigid runner is 5-R both are 96" long so have them cut them in two so as to save shipping costs. The number is 814-467-9842. they are prompt in shipping. I don't know if you have but Clester's Rubber products has the proper weatherstripping for the front doors with the dogleg molded in place. The only thing I've found on most front doors is a large gap at the front edge. I place a piece of 1/4" x 3/4" foam tape UNDER the Clester's strip first to close this gap. Door seal is part # 8396. Hope I was able to help

Comment

Working...
            X