1/2 ton closed cab WC 4x4 wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 ton closed cab WC 4x4 wanted

CONSIDERING a purchase of a closed cab wc 4x4 military dodge. these would be a 1941 model, wc1 thru wc-12.

IF I can find what I want. this is for a long term project ,taking my time.

I know I want one with a true military cab, (i.e. push out windshield with arms, NOT crank out) not an open cabbed truck with a cloased cab civy cab installed.

these are the variations of vehicle/condition I seek:

1) a full runner, complete with original flathead 6, running, good condition sheet metal, missing only minor things if any, ready to drive and use

or

2) a re-powered vehicle with a V8 installed, again a RUNNER, with minor things missing, if any, ready to use on the road.

or

3) a good condition rolling chassis, no rust thru, surface ok, with windshield frame, all the gadgets, etc ready for a re-power install. must have the major parts but no engine or tranny OK..

all must be titled.. the #1 and #2 should be driven now, not a "ran last when parked"

#3 can be anything of course, but must be titled.

anyone out there have either for sale?

contact me off the site please as I rarely come here on line. Live in the Dallas, TX area so the closer the better but will consider all.

wc57doggieboy@yahoo.com

More details, please

You will need to do some more homework.

You say you want a true military cab, (i.e. push out windshield with arms, NOT crank out). Some early true closed cab military pickup trucks had the civilian style dash board with civilian instruments and crank out windshield. Are you aware of the difference(s) between the civilian and military cabs that both have the civilian style dash board and the crank out windshield? Would you accept one of these early closed cab military pick ups?

You don't address the difference in the military doors with the metal window frames. Would you accept civilian doors?

This may sound like I'm being a bit picky, but there are plenty of on-line sellers who will try to sell you a part that will fit any vehicle ever built, in any year, by any manufacturer, in any country. The more you know about the thing you want to buy, the less likely you are to get ripped off.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X