motor n trans set into place
    \
    test fit of frontend

nice and rebuilt transfer case

just waiting for more part's

setting bed into place

my pretty new Grill

on the way home

sitting at Home from my starting point to now it took me 16 day's it was stored at a buddies house 30 miles away so I only worked on it on Sunday . It should be up and fully running in a couple month's .

Comment

had to break it up into several post's still have more if anybody want's to see em .

Comment

Crew Cab 4x4

That is awesome!! it has come a long way since I saw it at your friend's house in July. Great job, and keep the photos coming. Still love the trailer, too. :)

Comment

some more pictures

Comment

Crew Cab 4x4

I see you have the rear tank installed already. Nice. I recall you mentioning plans for one. Engine looks great in there, also.

Comment

Yes thank goodness it's sitting at home now from start to finish it took me 16 day's to do the swap so I don't think it's that bad . Still have to do windshield,exhaust, rear driveline n rear shock's .

Comment

Crew Cab 4x4

Did you install the engine/trans. there, before towing it to your place?

Comment

Yes Sir it drove off the trailer when I first got it with the small block gas motor and it drove onto n off the trailer with the cummin's inbetween the frame rail's and I may start another build soon not sure yet .may do a cummin's powered ramcharger this time we will see .

Comment

Crew Cab 4x4

I always wonder if anyone has tried mounting the main tank an inch or so lower on the frame to avoid having to use a body lift on these Cummins/Crew Cab swaps.

Comment

To Be Honest I choose to use a body lift too give extra clearence underneath just makes thing's simple you can reach all the way around trans and transfer case with plenty of room to work I am useing a 2 in body lift on this truck I took some round stock and cut n drilled it into puck's makes it nice and I don't have to worry about denting the fuel tank or anything like that. Once I'm Done you won't even realize It has a body lift .

Comment

Crew Cab 4x4

Originally posted by simplysmn View Post
                        Yes Sir it drove off the trailer when I first got it with the small block gas motor and it drove onto n off the trailer with the cummin's inbetween the frame rail's and I may start another build soon not sure yet .may do a cummin's powered ramcharger this time we will see .
                        I would like to see someone do a Cummins swap into a '75-'80 Club Cab short bed 4x4 truck. Use eighties sheetmetal to facilitate the '90 or '91-'93 rad. support and grille, and a late bed to match. The frames on those trucks are equal in construction and strength to the W-200/250. Use Dana 60's with W-350 springs front and back, of course. 3.54 gears with 265/75r16 tires. Use a 30 gallon single tank so the spare can still mount under the truck, thus maximizing bed space. Use the '81 and later dash and interior headliner and trim form an LE. If I had unlimited funding I would do one like that.

Comment

well you know me and a shortbed is worthless but that would basicly be same swap as what i did .

Comment

Crew Cab 4x4

Originally posted by simplysmn View Post
                            To Be Honest I choose to use a body lift too give extra clearence underneath just makes thing's simple you can reach all the way around trans and transfer case with plenty of room to work I am useing a 2 in body lift on this truck I took some round stock and cut n drilled it into puck's makes it nice and I don't have to worry about denting the fuel tank or anything like that. Once I'm Done you won't even realize It has a body lift .
                            I see. I thought it was mandatory to use the body lift due to the tank sending unit interfering with the rear wall of the cab.

Comment

That's Only for Shortbed's Real truck's you don't have to worry How did the door work out for you ?

Comment

Working...
                              X