1958 1959 Truck Hemi 354 Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 1959 Truck Hemi 354 Intake

Can anybody tell me about the dual carb setup used on the 354 hemi truck engines? I've thought about seeking out the intake system for my D400 if it's a 2x2. Or is it a 1x1?
    Attached Files

Steve,

the ones I have seen have 2x1bbls. Meaning they had 2, 1 barrel carburetors.

I saw one of them on ebay in the last few months. I dont know if it sold or not?? But I know the guy who was selling it.

Also as far as I know they only came on the bigger trucks, D700, D800, D900.

Matt

Comment

Hey Matt, thanks for the info. I was thinking the manifold was a 2x1 (1x1 spelling spoof). If he still has the manifold and carb setup I'd be interested.
      Steve

Comment

Steve, I will see if I can get a answer from him, if he has it yet or not?? And let you know.

I went and looked in my 1958 and 1959 Dodge truck books, and the twin 1bbl carbs were available as "extra equipment" for the D700's and D800's, standard the D700's and D800's came with a single dual-thoat down-draft type, so they only had a single 2bbl carb standard.

And when you jump up to the D900 models, then the twin single-throat carbs are standard equipment.

It shows the H.P. rating for the D900 with 2x1bbls shows as follows, Power Giant 354 v-8 234 hp., (twin carbs)

It shows the H.P. rating for the D700's and D800's with a single 2bbl carb as follows, Power Giant 354 v-8 218 hp., (sgl carb)

There is also some other neat info in there about the twin carbs, with the sandwich type governor, etc. If I get motivated later I will type in all in for you.

Later Matt

p.s. I used to know where there was two 1958 D800's both with 354 hemi's and twin carbs. I have not been by where they are at a for a few years, so I dont know if they are still around yet or not?

Also that other 1958 D800 w/ 354 hemi I told you about that is just down the road from my house is still there, I have talked to the owner a few times, but have not got a price out of him yet. He will sell it to me he said, just is still thinking on the price. I dont remember right now if it has the twin carbs, or single 2bbl.

Comment

[QUOTE=mattsoldmopars;76908]
          There is also some other neat info in there about the twin carbs, with the sandwich type governor, etc. If I get motivated later I will type it all in for you.

Hey Matt, can you start pecking at the keyboard for that added info on the 2x1? Got me a nice intake.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X