58 Town Wagon project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Town Wagon project

This is the 58 Town wagon I've been working on since Jan of this year. It's a highly optioned truck with just about every option available in 58. I have an Imagevent page at http://imageevent.com/ron55 showing the process of the restoration. I'm in the final stages of reassembly right now as I wait for original fabric to show up on of these days hopefully.
    Attached Files

WOW, Looking great!
    I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
    Will
    WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
    1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
    1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
    2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

That thing looks great!! I bet you have a ton of hours in it. Is it a keeper or are you building it for a customer?

Comment

Ron, I'm jealous....!!!

It's beautiful. I stole your picture of the door check, almost got a pair of them last year for my '57. Still looking.
        Thanks,
        DP

Comment

Another quality restoration Ron!

It looks great.

Comment

Remarkable!!.... That color scheme is very cool.
            Great work as always Ron.
            John

Comment

Highest optioned TW??

Lots of knowledgeable people here, if you have a pic of another TW 4x4 with more options I would love to have a pic for my archives. On a slightly separate note... If you do an A/B of the as found photos with most recent RESTO photo.....you can see what it means to truly SAVE a hard to find TW. Great work Ron.

Comment

Ron, that wagon is truly stunning. Amazing work!

Comment

Very nice Ron.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the compliments. The truck has been a challenge especially with all the details involved. I'm going into the home stretch just waiting for the seat fabric to be made in Oregon. It truly has been the most ambitious project to date. Had it not been for the help I had along with the rotisserie and donor sides this project would not be where it is today. I'll post pictures of the final product when it's done.

Comment

Looking forward to to seeing the final product. It is truly amazing what you have done with that wagon

Comment

You did an amazing job on it Ron! Who is the owner if I can ask? The only reason I ask is I am wondering if they will be bringing it to the next rally so I can see it in person. Very cool.

Comment

Thanks Andy it's been quite the project. The TW will end up in Las Vegas when it's done and I doubt it will make a trip to the next rally but that's up to the owner Marc. Are you still going with the 6BT in yours? 318 polys pull mighty hard. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                            Thanks Andy it's been quite the project. The TW will end up in Las Vegas when it's done and I doubt it will make a trip to the next rally but that's up to the owner Marc. Are you still going with the 6BT in yours? 318 polys pull mighty hard. Just saying.
                            I'm starting to lean towards keepin the 318poly. It just doesn't matter what engine is in a town wagon they are just plain cool. I'd take one with a 8 horse Briggs!

Comment

I just got done looking through the pictures of this truck build again. Gotta wipe the drool off my screen, man what a sweet ride. Some **** good work you did Ron. I am seriously thinking of bringing you a town wagon to build for me. Your not that far from east central Minnesota.

Comment

Working...
                              X