Sheet Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheet Metal

Does anyone know of a source for sheet metal replacement panels - im specifically looking for the floor beneath the battery box - mine is totally rotted out. or am i stuck making my own?

Panels

Both the drivers side and passenger side floors are available from Mid West Mil, I don't know if the battery box floor is available, ask John Bizal at Mid West. It sounds like a counciller-made panel to me?
    I plan on making some patches for my battery box floor.

Comment

thanks ill do that

Comment

Since were on the subject - do you know the guage thickness and is it also the same as the cowl metal as that has holes as well.

Comment

Gauge Thickness

Not exactly sure, but 14 sounds right?
          I'm sure since I said 14, someone will chime in & tell me how wrong I am! ;~)
          BTW, That's the gauge I'm planning on using.

Comment

I think Bruce is right. I will, by next year be turning my attention to the cab also with my M37 build, but the sheet metal is pretty solid on it.
            MY civilian PW had a 14 gauge floor, and 16 gauge elsewhere in the cab. I had to weld in a lot of metal with that one due to extensive rust through.
            On another note, I have cousins in the Chatham area. One of them has three kids, all live in Windsor.

Comment

Small world huh. Windsor is a good town - but i can throw a rock and hit Detroit and someone would probably shoot back at me lol Anyway thanks for the guage info - my cab is in generally good shape including my battery box. Unfortunatly when i unbolted the box i found the floor below gone. since i have an audience ill ask this - i removed the cowl vent panal and lever and i noticed a drain tube for the rain - is there supposed to be a rubber hose on that or are my feet going to get wet lol

Comment

Should Be

The tube comes out of the fire wall, near the clamping device for the choke/speedo and something else? There was a discussion of this topic over on the G-741 page, if you cannot find it, I try and post a link to it for you?

Comment

ill take a look thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                    The tube comes out of the fire wall, near the clamping device for the choke/speedo and something else? There was a discussion of this topic over on the G-741 page, if you cannot find it, I try and post a link to it for you?
                    Originally posted by counciller View Post
                    ill take a look thanks
                    here ya go:

http://www.g741.org/PHPBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5062

Comment

Thanks tuko, I fell asleep after dinner!

Comment

sheetmetal

Most of the m37 cab is either 16 or 18 guage, I'd recommend 16 for the floor, anything heavier is a real fight to bend or shape, I did some of the back of my cab and in front of both doors with 18, came out pretty nice.

Comment

since there is no apprent source for the battery floor - im going to give it a shot myself. why does there have to be so many **** holes in it and they look factory lol

Comment

Originally posted by counciller View Post
                            since there is no apprent source for the battery floor - im going to give it a shot myself. why does there have to be so many **** holes in it and they look factory lol

They might be factory, I think there are two elongated oval shaped holes then the battery box mounting holes, then the ones the meat-heads tore into the floor, wait a minute, this is my floor, Sorry!

Comment

punches

Know any electricians or hvac sheetmetal guys? they usually have a good selection of greenlee punches, makes those holes a lot easier.
                              Last edited by Matthew Ziegler; 10-21-2012, 12:46 PM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Working...
                              X