1962 M37 Newbie in Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 M37 Newbie in Maryland

Hey guys, just got started trying to bring an old 1962 M37 back to life. It's been a long journey to this point. We bought the truck for my dad back in 2006 or so off of E-bay. It came from Texas (49th Armor, Texas National Guard I think?) Had it shipped to NJ, where it sat for another few years. My dad tinkered around with it, but I decided it was time to get serious, so we brought it down to Maryland.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello! Here are a few pics and videos. I will try to post more as I make progress.

Jared

https://picasaweb.google.com/1107230...eat=directlink

PS: Can't figure out how to embed Picasa photos in the thread. Any hints? Read all the FAQ. Thanks!

Welcome to the group!

Regarding images:

Scroll down past the text window in which you type your reply.

See the button, Manage Attachments.

Click that button.

You are then offered two possibilities. One is Upload File from your Computer and the other is Upload File from a URL.

If you are a magazine subscriber or premium user, you may use the upload file from your computer.

If not, you must use the upload file from a URL.

Note the three windows for URL entry. Determine the URL from your image and paste it into a window. You can do up to three at a time. Then click upload.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
      Welcome to the group!

Regarding images:

Scroll down past the text window in which you type your reply.

See the button, Manage Attachments.

Click that button.

You are then offered two possibilities. One is Upload File from your Computer and the other is Upload File from a URL.

If you are a magazine subscriber or premium user, you may use the upload file from your computer.

If not, you must use the upload file from a URL.

Note the three windows for URL entry. Determine the URL from your image and paste it into a window. You can do up to three at a time. Then click upload.
      Yah i tried that with the code, it doesn't seem to work with Google Picasa images, that's what I was getting at. Probably going to upgrade to the Premium membership, but just wanted to post what I had so far.

Comment

Hello fellow Marylander from here in Havre de Grace.

Comment

Hey Carter, hope to meet you and some other Marylanders at some point!

Comment

Former Maryland'er

Hey nice truck, welcome to the club, Hey Carter!
            Happy Fourth To Everyone,

Comment

Jared,
              Welcome from another Marylander. I live in St. Mary's County. I plan to start the restomod of my M37 this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Dave View Post
                Jared,
                Welcome from another Marylander. I live in St. Mary's County. I plan to start the restomod of my M37 this winter.
                Be sure to take lots of pictures and write an article or two about it....
                Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by jrodjared View Post
                  Hey Carter, hope to meet you and some other Marylanders at some point!
                  That would be nice, PM me next time you are going to be headed north on I 95 and we can arange something if you have time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                    Hey nice truck, welcome to the club, Hey Carter!
                    Happy Fourth To Everyone,
                    Hey old buddy, I'll get those items sent to you this week.

Comment

Questions

I forgot to ask, are you still on active-duty and working at Ft. Meade.
                      I remember the Motor Pools at different Duty Assignments, they were great! It's raining like CRAZY right now, I just did a second coat of od this morning, it had already did the skin thing so no fish-eye thank-goodness!

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by carter davidson View Post
                        Hey old buddy, I'll get those items sent to you this week.
                        I appreciate it Carter, no rush!
                        Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                          I forgot to ask, are you still on active-duty and working at Ft. Meade.
                          I remember the Motor Pools at different Duty Assignments, they were great! It's raining like CRAZY right now, I just did a second coat of od this morning, it had already did the skin thing so no fish-eye thank-goodness!
                          Yup, still active duty, I was thinking of taking a ride over to the motor pool on post. What do you think the chances of them having any parts for the M37 could be? I think it's a pretty far fetched shot, but why not? Wouldn't it be funny if I asked them, and they were like "funny you should say that..." and lead me to the 'Ye Old Parts Room"! Hahaha

Comment

Now that I have a premium subscription, let me share some photos :-) This is the M37 on the trailer from NJ and then its arrival at Fort Meade, drawing a crowd on the very first day.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Taking inventory, and found a mouse living in the box with new parts in it. Grrrr.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X