No announcement yet.

Nebraska M37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got the bucket seats/cab finished and ready for the sand blaster. It took me a while to weld closed all of the wholes drilled for things through the years. Its funny because I was cursing the old boys for making all these wholes after I just got done putting in bucket seats and numerous other changes... In other news, I finally got the Kenworths finished and out of the way. Man it feels good to have some elbow room.

Comment

Comment

Well this thing was basically an oxidation trough. Out with the old in with the new.

Comment

Design Glitch

Which cross member is this, first, in front of the tool box? Mine was similar, nearly full, tiny shells, lots of grit and crust.
          So it looks like your going to make another?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
            Which cross member is this, first, in front of the tool box? Mine was similar, nearly full, tiny shells, lots of grit and crust.
            So it looks like your going to make another?
            Yep it is the front member. It is the only bad one. The truck was a fire department grass rig so it saw plenty of water. Anything that didn't drain out the back drained right into that. Yeah it was full of crap all the way to the top. I'm just going cut off the frame mounts and weld them on my new piece. and weld the whole thing back in place. That's the plan anyway!

Comment

Comment

Just a mockup, everything looked really nice after I cut some of the bottom slide through trough to fit my steel. I took it back apart to send to the sand blaster. Too much potential rust to put back together.

Comment

Wow

That is a very big jpeg! But it does convey the right story, look forward to more too.

Comment

Well I tried to get him in there. 2 year olds do not tend to stay still. That's my "ready pile" for the sand blaster. I filled a lot of drilled holes. Took off the handle on the hood. I feel like Im going to regret it but I wanted the truck to have at least a couple smooth lines. I also took off the windshield hold downs on the hood as my cab is now a permanent hard top. It just seemed like a problem spot for paint. Also I think cleaning the hood up will look good in the long run.

Comment

My favorite upgrade. Cup holders! And a center console. Ill be putting a hinge on in the morning.

Comment

Cool - looks like it can take a direct hit & still do its job!

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Cummins 4bt. I am putting a lower gasket kit in it and painting it. I also changed my mind about the 4 speed. I pulled a ZF5s 42 5 speed with over drive out of my old F250. It should work out nicely.

Comment

Comment

Ready to fabricate some motor mounts tomorrow. Here are some before and after pics of my Cummins 4BT.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X