My 1941 WC WC40 1/2 ton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1941 WC WC40 1/2 ton

After a rather lengthy build I finally have gotten my WC finished except for the interior. Hopefully that will be done over the Winter as it's the only thing I'm not doing myself. Longtime subscribers will recognize some of the pieces as I have done some articles that Gordon was kind enough to put in the Advertiser.

I've put together an album of the build and here is the link to that:

http://imageevent.com/kevininohio;js...r1.tiger_s?n=0

There are some tips in there that should help anyone doing a ground up build or restoration. Thanks to all who have helped me over the years and Gordon for providing an outlet for all of us to exchange ideas, Kevin
    Attached Files

WOW! That's sweet!

Bucky

Comment

Wow ! That is really beautiful !
      Fantastic work Kevin.

Comment

Absolutely stunning! The detail and craftsmanship is amazing.

I believe a man could learn a lot by spending a few days in your shop.

Comment

Finally got the interior done. This is basically the only thing I farmed out on the truck. Took a while but he did a good job. The seats were straight across the back and covered most of the window. I cut the frames down and rounded them to look more like a bucket which looks more in place to me. Took me a while as it was like chopping a top on a car but he was happy when he saw them as it made it easier for him.

Door panels, kick panels, seats and headliner is all leather. Seats have diamond pattern perforated leather in the centers. A section was used in the door panels as well. He did raised ribs to tie into what the factory has on the doors and waterfall dash.

Comment

A couple more.

Comment

Beautiful.
              Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Absolutely out of this world beautiful. My wife Pam said WOW and wants to know if you are coming to our rally next year with your truck? I bet it was hard to leave it in the hands of someone else to get this work done. I'd be afraid of two guys like the ones in Ferris Bueller's Day Off movie when joy ride in the sports car. I'm sure you can fill the bed with trophies now that it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
                  Absolutely out of this world beautiful. My wife Pam said WOW and wants to know if you are coming to our rally next year with your truck? I bet it was hard to leave it in the hands of someone else to get this work done. I'd be afraid of two guys like the ones in Ferris Bueller's Day Off movie when joy ride in the sports car. I'm sure you can fill the bed with trophies now that it's done.
                  Thanks Ron and Gordon. I am planning on coming this year to your rally Ron. Missed the last few and regretted it, but let me know the date and I'll make a note of it. I'll do my best to make it.

I had the little tires on it when I took it to their shop. Had to in order to get it in the door. It was close even then as it's 7'3" with the small ones on.

Comment

Amazing craftsmanship throughout the entire rebuild...impeccable...every last little detail.

Comment

Thanks Kevin. Let me know when you get a road trip in the works. Ohio's a good place to sit a spell ;)

Comment

Thanks for sharing these pictures Kevin!
                        You did a great job on this truck!

Comment

Working...
                        X