Back from Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Paris

I just completed a trip to Paris with my Grandkids' French club. I was proctoring six boys and eight girls with the help of the teacher and one other parent. Ranging in age from 13 to 15 they were actually fairly well behaved.
    We stayed in a French Hotel as opposed to an American chain hotel.
    Nothing new to me, French hotels are still chincy with Heat, Hot Water and Towels. They are also thin on blankets. You just have to be willing to do battle with the clerks in order to get what you need. I truly believe the national pass-time is arguing. Done properly you can get what you want.
    I was truly impressed when the kids blew off the Eiffel tower in favor of visiting the site of the attack on the Charlie Hebdoe office. People are still leaving flowers at the site. We left the other kids at Orly with the two lady proctors and I took mine to England via the Chunnel and by dint of British rail up to Leeds to meet some of my family.
    I saw five WC's while in England including a great looking WC53, but the only dodge I saw in Paris was a 58' Coronet made up to look like an American Police car. It was outside a club and didn't look like it had moved recently. I'll post the pics of the WC's as soon as I get them loaded on my photo-site.

Looking forward to seeing them..

Comment

Working...
    X