No announcement yet.

1972 W200 Window Regulator - Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 W200 Window Regulator - Need Help!

All,

I am lucky to be in an area where there are many 70's dodge pickups in the junk yard. However, I am having trouble finding the right regulator for my driver door.. It is the same as every other one I've seen EXCEPT for that the rails in the door are smaller so there must be a smaller, thinner track bushing.

I have checked: '76 d100, '72 D200, '73 camper 9000 all with no luck. The one that was in there when I got the truck was supposedly "new" which may be true but the bushings were removed. and the balls were riding right in the tracks which led to the window being very difficult to roll up and hence the early demise of the teeth on the spanner gear.

Anyone know where to get the smaller bushings for the regulator? I've checked dorman no luck, and also have a message in to Joe at mopar truck parts.

worst comes to Worse I will need to replace the window rail mount with the style with larger tracks and somehow remove the inside track that is tacked to the inner door skin and tack on the large style one. I will do this as a last resort but I'm not sure how straight I can get the thing.

Thanks

Added pics of both types.

Common type with plastic bushing:

The type that is in my '72 W200. Looks like a metal roller for the track:

Comment

I found a set of regulators that worked off of an early '72 W200 built 11/71. Issue solved.

Comment

Good deal. I had a similar issue & after it was done I wished I had just replaced the whole cottonpickin door.

Bucky

Comment

got another set of early regulators off a Camper 9000 D200 SRW Crew Cab Long Bed Adventurer that was converted to a diesel. Pulled the rear doors too - they were complete. Hard to find rear doors in good shape let alone complete ones with Adventurer trim rockwell fiberglass door panels.

Comment

Originally posted by PapeCAT View Post
            All,

I am lucky to be in an area where there are many 70's dodge pickups in the junk yard.
            You are lucky. We had a good one here until recently. Had a bunch of M880s and a few others. Price of steel went up and he crushed everything...
            1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
            1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
            1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
            2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Old post... still feel the need to add

When i was young and we would drive past an 18 wheeler pulling a trailer piled high with crushed old cars my dad would tell me that the people who did that were evil people. To this day i look at the idiots who crush old iron (ESPECIALLY mopars) for the steel with a scowl. Its just sickening.

Comment

Very True. I rescued another '72 Crew Cab yesterday:

I first bought it knowing it had a rusty cab thinking well hey it might be a good body donor for my W200 Crew, and I can use the 400 motor in my '74 Ram Charger project but as soon as I drove it home I knew it was something special.

The Rust :-/

Comment

Bed is perfect.

Comment

That truck is GORGEOUS. I miss my 72 w200 monster on 39's. same grill (best one in my opinion). Im in USAF tech school, left for basic mid nov, havent seen her since :(
                    That rust is very minor compared to most (including mine) and its very cool that it appears to have the original tailgate. LOVE the color. Gotta love that early dash :) I have 2 of em. Drive that bad boy to work every day.

Comment

Thanks! That tailgate is original, the inside of the bed is spotless, no rust too. I have two '72 crews as well... Here is my W200 I've had for a few years that I put a Cummins / 5 Speed / D60F/D70 in:

Sold my Mint '93 W250 5 Speed Cummins Club on Ebay last week too so I guess the D200 Crew was my rebound... not a bad one at that!

Comment

Very nice lookin Power Wagon Crew! I have had this dream for some time to build 70's crew cab long bed with a built cummins (manual tranny of course), frame off resto, and complete custom suspension sittin on 44's. That'll be the day. you are closer then me haha

Comment

Originally posted by PapeCAT View Post
                          Thanks! That tailgate is original, the inside of the bed is spotless, no rust too. I have two '72 crews as well... Here is my W200 I've had for a few years that I put a Cummins / 5 Speed / D60F/D70 in:

Sold my Mint '93 W250 5 Speed Cummins Club on Ebay last week too so I guess the D200 Crew was my rebound... not a bad one at that!

Is that a hitch I see mounted on the cowl?

Comment

hah! yeah - it is a FWD mount Gooseneck hitch mount for easy backing ability! :p Actually it is a huge CB antenna mount. I have left it on because there is a huge hole in the hood from it right over the #6 cyl exhaust manifold.

Here is a pic of the truck taken by the PO as it was when I bought it.

Edit: As you can see, the window is down in this pic below. He had the regulator replaced by a local shop but it was the incorrect style - not the orphan pictured on the top of this thread. So I had to solve that issue first thing to get the window to work.

Comment

Kind of an odd place for a cb antenna wouldn't you say?

Comment

Working...
                              X