WC53 Cab Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC53 Cab Questions

I have a chance to purchase what I think is a WC53 Dodge. I am told it was an ambulance at one point but the back half was cut off and a piece of plywood was put in place to cover the large hole at the rear of the front seat. It looks as though it was a carryall with no rear windows from what I can tell. I am curious if I could get a cab and a bed and use the front fenders hood and frame to make it into a type of pickup rather than a carryall. If it's possible what cab and bed would I need to be looking for. This truck also has a more flat squared nose rather than the sloped hood of the other WC trucks.

Thanks for the help
    Jeff

Originally posted by JeffTheMarine View Post
    I have a chance to purchase what I think is a WC53 Dodge.

I am told it was an ambulance at one point but the back half was cut off and a piece of plywood was put in place to cover the large hole at the rear of the front seat. It looks as though it was a carryall with no rear windows from what I can tell.

I am curious if I could get a cab and a bed and use the front fenders hood and frame to make it into a type of pickup rather than a carryall. If it's possible what cab and bed would I need to be looking for. This truck also has a more flat squared nose rather than the sloped hood of the other WC trucks.

Thanks for the help
    Jeff
    Are they telling you what year this truck is? How many levers does the transfer case have?

If it does not have a sloped hood or a curved grill, and it truly is a World War II truck, then it is a 3/4 ton.

In simple terms, yes. You can put another cab on this frame. Sitting here in this moment I am not sure if there is a difference in the hood between a weapons carrier and a carryall or ambulance. The difference would be at the rear end, if it existed. Someone else will comment, I suspect.
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

The truck is listed for sale as a 42 ambulance. It does not have a sloped hood and has a flat grill. Looks more like the front end of an M37. Like I said I am looking to try and find out what closed cab body and bed I could use on this frame.

Thanks
      Jeff

Comment

Interior wise it has the shifter and what looks to be one transfer case stick and the other I am assuming is the ebrake lever.

Jeff

Comment

Pictures we need pictures

post them to the carryall thread and we will tell you what it was or may have been and then give all sorts of dubious , unsolicited advice of a contradictory nature .

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce in BC View Post
            post them to the carryall thread and we will tell you what it was or may have been and then give all sorts of dubious , unsolicited advice of a contradictory nature .
            That's the spirit!
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Working...
            X