Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air/Water/Fuel Separators - who runs what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air/Water/Fuel Separators - who runs what?

So, the stock OEM fuel air water and filter assembly for my engine is missing on this Cummins ISB170. That being the case, in my searches, it appears that finding something aftermarket will be cheaper and better performing than the stock system anyways.

Looking into the Airdog systems. The CP3 injection pump supposedly already has a built in lift pump as the system requires 0-11 psi at the primary inlet, and then supposedly itself supplies post filtration back to the high pressure pump at 48 psi, so that being the case, I am in doubts that I need to have a lift pump at the tank since this engine was designed without such from day one.

Anyways, who is running something like an Airdog, or FASS system? Any thing cheaper? Or should I go with whats good? Why skimp or am I just paying for a name?
    1942 WC53 Carryall in progress.

With regards to the actual filtration, if you get a FASS system ditch the filters. I would only suggest Baldwin BF1212 on the f/w sep and a Donaldson P551313 on the MK2+. Make sure your filtration is going down to a 2m filter as that is what is required by the bosch injectors. Factory is a 7M filter.. Kinda of dissapointing to know from day one RAM has destroyed our injectors.

you may also want to take a look at the turbo diesel register, lots of nice people over there and tons of information regarding this particular issue and many others; its a fact based forum not "opnion".. Any CTD owner sould at least take a look over there from time to time at the minimum..

Comment

Working...
    X