leaking injectors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking injectors.

Had a leak from the first injector. Replaced the seal. Injector one stops leaking. While bleeding, injector 2 started leaking. ***? Ideas? How dumb am I for getting a cumapart 4bt? It has been a 100% nightmare since week one.

When you replaced #1 then it just moved leak to next weakest point. This happens when you began replacing parts, be it valves, seals, rings, whatever.

You wind up with a combination of new parts working alongside parts that are on their last leg. Often those old parts begin to fail, because they are being taxed more than they were when they were paired with other old parts.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Ty/4bt View Post
      Had a leak from the first injector. Replaced the seal. Injector one stops leaking. While bleeding, injector 2 started leaking. ***? Ideas? How dumb am I for getting a cumapart 4bt? It has been a 100% nightmare since week one.
      Where are you at? Might be willing to take that cumapart off your hands..

Comment

Chewie, you'd have to buy the whole vehicle. A Chevy p20 stepvan. 1977. Nor is it going to be a cheap buy. I won't settle for less than 5k after all the work/$ I've put into this *****. SW Colorado.

Comment

712edf, the leak was immediately after the first stopped. To have a leak jump from cylinder to cylinder seems pretty strange.

Comment

Leaking from the return line horseshoe shape washers? They are usually a one time use item unless you get lucky. If you do reuse make sure to put them back on the way they came off, or else the rough area caused by torquing down the bolt will cause a leak when it is in between the injector and return line.

Comment

No tuko,
              Its exactly as i stated, leaking from around the injectors, not on the fuel lines anywhere. I have replaced the copper seals and reassembled it all. She runs just fine now. I'm very glad for it too. Also I knew about the copper "compression marks" and how it all needs to go back just as it was prior to disassembly. I was a H.E. mechanic in the corps, but i worked on hydraulics/electrical systems, more than the diesel engines **( all were 6bt i believe)**, other marines had that task. So my knowledge has gotten dusty. though the more I work on it and get it back into shape, I see the value on this little diesel more now. Thank you to everyone helping give advice and getting me back to being roadworthy.

Comment

Glad to hear that it's getting better. Started to sound like my fight with carburetors.
                I ran a 6bt for about 500K and didn't have any real trouble with it until I used ether one -50° day. One hole in the block later taught me a lesson.
                The next one is on the bench now, awaiting a rebuild before going in my crew cab (unless I buy a W600 first) when I get the axles swapped..
                I think I'd like to try the 4bt-into-a-Dakota swap one day, though..

Comment

Working...
                X